Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE#104, 1987 Morgan Plus 8, 1958 Morgan 4/4, 1952 Morgan Plus 4 Drophead Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In lifting a 4C for repairs, how do you replace a jack with a jack stand at one of designated jack points if the jack itself is already occupying the point ?

Restated another way:

If the 4C must be jacked up at only at the four designated places, how do jack stands replace the jacks or not cause undue pressure against the CF tub if placed at undesignated locations?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15 Madreperla white/red, BMW 1M, 996 Turbo, 69 Datsun 2000, 17 STI, 04 Baja Turbo, 89 Trooper RS
306 Posts
Jackpoint stands will do what you requested. http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/

I bought two but have not used them yet. They are pricey but ultra-quality.
Interesting! Price seems ridiculous until you consider the cost of a single ER visit (or a damaged CF tub). Which pads did you order to fit the 4C?

·
Premium Member
15 Madreperla white/red, BMW 1M, 996 Turbo, 69 Datsun 2000, 17 STI, 04 Baja Turbo, 89 Trooper RS
306 Posts
Another option:
Tire Wheel Car Shoe Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Asphalt Bumper

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,708 Posts
Another option:
View attachment 128930
View attachment 128931
this works BUT with our low ground clearance to start with it might not work. I did see a home made wooden bridge system that did the same thing and was used on a 4C.Sadly I didn't download the photo.
A past member, CallMeAl used this method to get his race 4C car off the ground. Jack using the middle NA jack point to get one side completely off the ground....now use jack stands front and rear at normal location lift points. Now go to the other side and do the same thing. I think you could still post a PM to him and he can fill you in on the details. Make sure that you have some sort of soft pads on top of the jack stands though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts