Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hoping someone can help. Just finished the install of my new joying 8.8 ( the one with apple car play)

Very impressed, good bit of kit and pretty good fit. Car play is excellent and without additional amps it has made a significant difference to volume and quality of the stock speakers. I had the parrot before that!

Two questions I’m looking for advice on see pic attached, is there any way of getting the unit closer in? From the drivers side it’s fine but passenger side you can see the inside of the joying

Also in carplay using Waze or maps you can’t seem to pinpoint a destination like you can on a phone - any ideas?

Cheers all

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi all, hoping someone can help. Just finished the install of my new joying 8.8 ( the one with apple car play)

Very impressed, good bit of kit and pretty good fit. Car play is excellent and without additional amps it has made a significant difference to volume and quality of the stock speakers. I had the parrot before that!
View attachment 104360
Two questions I’m looking for advice on see pic attached, is there any way of getting the unit closer in? From the drivers side it’s fine but passenger side you can see the inside of the joying

Also in carplay using Waze or maps you can’t seem to pinpoint a destination like you can on a phone - any ideas?

Cheers all

I can push mine all the way. You have to bend the tab on the case. Checkout the Joying thread for more information.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The little remote I put in works really well. I use it instinctively without thinking about it.

Pics here, link a few posts up from that one: Joying Auto 8.8" Wide Android Head Unit Installed
How did you wire the remote receiver? I bought the same one you have, and on the wires coming off the Joying harness, I see loose ones for Key 1, Key 2, Brake and a couple of others, but no ACC or Ground cables. There are red and black cables, which I assume are ACC and GRD, but they aren’t labeled or have lose ends, they just run along the harness. Did you splice onto those, or was there some other way you got it to work?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yeah, you have to tap the red switched wire and the black ground wire for power, then plug it into the remote jack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts