Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

281 - 283 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey guys... the new Android 10 version with the newest Intel processor, upgraded Bluetooth and wifi connectivity has been released. Unfortunately the screen resolution is still the same (must be due to odd aspect ratio).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think the bezel is different on the new one. Not sure. It has the metallic look around the edge. Is that new? I think it would match the metal in car nicely (door, DNA switch,Alfa logo on steering wheel).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finished installing mine this evening. Just the unit and the microphone for now. I have the Berolia iphone dock sleeve on the way and will do a backup camera this winter. I'm also wondering if I could convert the two empty switches in the dash to be a toggle for the camera and a volume button...

Here are a couple quick pics. I can take better ones if anyone would like to see something specific. The first pics are of the back of the screen with the new cover that now comes with them. Then a pic of it after I put about 12 coats of the satin black Duplicolor Plastidip compettitor on the silver back of the screen and the wiring cover. Finally a couple showing it from the passenger's seat, outside of the car through the windshield, and from the driver's seat.

Position-wise, I went with one step higher than centered as this lets it push flush with the dash (if you also bend the stop tabs as noted earlier), and it shows the switches below fully and still sits below the vents. It does cover the red stitching below the vents, but I think it looks fairly natural in the modern world where every car now has a screen sticking up out of it. I'll actually drive with it for the first time tomorrow.
Silly question, where did you get the cover between the screen the mainunit? i asked joying and they told me dont have it.

Thansk!
Henry

281 - 283 of 283 Posts