Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
361 - 365 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
2018 4C Coupe
66 Posts
So I received the connector pin hardware and finally got around to documenting assembling the wiring harness

1. The package comes with an empty connector receptacle (unneeded) and a bag of male pins (needed!)
2. The male pin has two crimping locations. The first is where you crimp down the bare wire to make the electrical connection. The second is where you crimp onto the sheath of the wire so that any tugging forces are on the sheath of the wire and not the bare metal itself
3. I stripped the wire to the right length, and crimped down the pin to the wire
4. Then I inserted it into the open location in the connector expecting it to just click in
5. It didn’t smoothly slide in and click. :( instead it went in a ways and friction prevented it from going in any further
6. I used a pair of pliers to pull the pin further into the connector
7. As you can see from the final pic, I wasn’t able to pull the pin in all the way to match the height of the other pins, but I think it’s in far enough to make a connection. I also mangled the pin a little bit as the pliers would slide off the pin as I was yanking.
8. Next step is to actually install this into the car and test it out, wish me luck!
View attachment 121728 View attachment 121729 View attachment 121730 View attachment 121731 View attachment 121732 View attachment 121733 View attachment 121734 View attachment 121735
An update and a question

Update

If you compare the harnesses and how I added a pin for the amp turn on, you’ll notice that compared to the Alfa harness there is also one more pin missing. That’s the antenna power signal. I went ahead and added a pin there too for the Joying harness. This literally should be 100% plug and play

Question

when I removed the Alpine head unit there are two 3.5mm stereo plugs. One is a straight connector and a second is a J connector that ishe’d in place with a plastic retainer. I’m assuming one is mic and one is GPS. Question is: which one is which?

·
Registered
2018 4C Coupe
66 Posts
So I got it all installed

but the head unit doesn’t ‘lock’ in and slides out easily. Any tips here?

both themetal ‘cage’ part slides out easy as well as the head unit itself

·
Registered
109 Posts
Font Operating system Software Screenshot Rectangle

Hey guys I have read through this thread but I am still left with a few questions.

1. I ordered the the reverse camera that goes in the license plate light and want to connect it to the Joying 8.8. (Auto Reverse Parking NTSC Car Rear View Backup Camera For Fiat Grande Punto | eBay). Do I need to order the "AHD Reverse Camera" Accessory circled above to be able to connect it?

2. I have a wireless OBD2 reader (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that I want to use with the Joying. Do I need the "OBD2" accessory listed above or is that just for a hard wired OBD2?

3. Has anyone done aftermarket TMPS that show a value (actual PSI in each tire) compare to just "low" that we have right now?

Sorry if this has already been covered.

·
Registered
273 Posts
361 - 365 of 365 Posts