Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,955 Posts
It's a 2016 review, but I don't think it's been shown here before. A pretty good understanding of the car. (Disagree about the Cayman being its closest rival though.)

http://vvuzz.com/index.php/2016/01/06/rethink-the-alfa-romeo-4c/#.XHiJo7RF2Lk.facebook
Black Penquinn was a Forum member regularly on here a while back. He posted it on here a few years ago but he hasn’t posted in quite some time. An excellent article from a passionate owner. We lost a few members over the Pogea dust-up. Not sure if he was one who decided to give the Forum a miss because of it. 4Canada has a much better memory for detail than I do. Maybe he remembers.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Nice article. Yes, the side view mirrors are a design disappointment. I also don't care for the LE vents. But what is wrong with the steering wheel? I read these comments in many reviews, but I don't get it. I like it. Except for the plain plastic airbag cover. Also lots of comments in reviews about the loud seat belt buzzer. I have mine turned down to low and it is almost inaudible.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Nice article. Yes, the side view mirrors are a design disappointment. I also don't care for the LE vents. But what is wrong with the steering wheel? I read these comments in many reviews, but I don't get it. I like it. Except for the plain plastic airbag cover. Also lots of comments in reviews about the loud seat belt buzzer. I have mine turned down to low and it is almost inaudible.

You can turn the volume down on that? I never knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Doesn't anyone RTFM?
Can you explain how you've done this? Because I went through the manual, and this is the only place the BeltAlert is mentioned. It states the dealer can deactivate it, but nowhere does it mention you can adjust the volume. I went through the display menus as well, and there's an option for "Buzzer Volume" on there, but that's for the backup sensor volume and doesn't adjust the the BeltAlert system.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yes, buzzer volume. Changes all failure/warning buzzers. On my car, anyway. It would be nice to change them individually, because now I don't hear the back-up sensor buzzer either. I can live with that.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Excellent article with viewpoints we have all heard many times. Yes ... the steering feel is not what you would expect with a manual rack, weight over rear wheels and light weight. If you have ever driven 911s (pre-electric assist steering) .... you would understand steering feel.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I love the 4C's steering and especially the twitchiness. It works perfectly.

Yes ... the rear view is tough, but that makes driving interesting. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I do not care for back up cameras. Guess I'm too old school and like to turn my head to see where I'm going.

It seems that new drivers are just not interested in a car that does "everyday chores" so wrong.

Us 4C owners are a unique small niche.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yes, buzzer volume. Changes all failure/warning buzzers. On my car, anyway. It would be nice to change them individually, because now I don't hear the back-up sensor buzzer either. I can live with that.

Yeah that didn’t do anything to the seat belt warning volume for me. My car is a 2015.

I think at my next service I’m going to ask them to disable it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts