Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Spider
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Koshi badge covers just arrived and so far the fitment doesn't seem to be all that great or I'm just not that smart (not ruling that one out).

For the front and rear emblems, do you need to remove the original badge or is the cover supposed to protrude from the original badge?

The wheel caps are larger than the factory badges, am I supposed to trim them down to fit the factory covers?

I'm a little disappointed in the overall fitment, especially on the wheels. I'm surprised the front and rear emblems didn't cover the chrome trim ring as well. I think it would probably look much better. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Fitment diameter wise is spot on. But you do have to layer a bunch of 3M double sided adhesive tape to get them to stay. I’ve had mine on for a few years now without a problem. I just did the front and rear emblems. Didn’t order any of the others.

20190913-_99A6488.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Spider
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I trust 3m for the front/rear/steering wheel, but not for the wheel center caps, I would have thought they would be designed to go straight over the top of the center caps, not sit on the rim of the wheel. I'm trying to make sure everything is reversible, just don't like how high they sit over the OEM's. I guess that's just Koshi. Do you have any closeups of yours?

PS. That's a great pic, makes me wish I would have gone with a white one.

·
Registered
2015 Spider
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For future reference, I heard back from Madness and they recommend 3m window weld for the wheel badges. Just ordered some, we'll see how this goes.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
For future reference, I heard back from Madness and they recommend 3m window weld for the wheel badges. Just ordered some, we'll see how this goes.
I did not want to do that as it's permanent that way and will ruin the factory badges. My solution can always be reverted back to the factory emblems with ease and it's held just fine for years now.

·
Registered
2015 Spider
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not want to do that as it's permanent that way and will ruin the factory badges. My solution can always be reverted back to the factory emblems with ease and it's held just fine for years now.

This is only for the badges on the wheels. For the rest of them, I used 3m VHB tape. I just don't trust VHB with the centrifugal force they'll experience and I can always get new center caps if I want to revert back. I'm with you on wanting to make everything reversible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts