Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Crazy HP doesn't always mean awesome car so will be curious myself . Building whole new body will be curious to see how much different it looks .

Personally rather see Ferrari engine but for his HP goals I get engine choice .

Being modular like Elise sure see more crazy builds in years to come

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,720 Posts
What ever happened with that Lotus/Lambo a year or two ago. I did see that they got the engine in the car and running but where did it go from there. They are talking about 1500 hp in this 4C. Just because it can be done doesn't make it a good idea. Notice that they said they didn't like the body on the 4C....well guess having that kind of taste goes with a 1500 hp monster project.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What ever happened with that Lotus/Lambo a year or two ago.
I'm sure a different one than the one you are thinking about, but related - a guy in the Minneapolis area just finished his Elise build out with a BMW 5.0-liter V10. This is supposed to be the prototype/mule car for a new custom car company.

https://www.facebook.com/Monivetti/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
1500 HP with a gated manual in the Alfa... No offence, but that is just silly. The weight distribution will be more like 25/75, so I bet they will have to add dead weight to the front.

·
Super Moderator
15,994 Posts
I think it’s a pretty cool projector and can’t wait to see the final product:)
Betcha it won't go all that fast. It will be a show car because nobody is ever going to be able to drive it at beyond parking lot speeds.
That, or it will have nothing to do with the 4C except the tub.

1500HP (and whatever torque comes along for the ride) and a manual - that clutch will last about four shifts. And tires? There's going to be a lot of smoke!
Might need an itsy bitsy bit larger gas tank, too.
It IS just a silly project.
I think that the funds could be better used in feeding the homeless. Or making the Parrot radio work.

·
Registered
979 Posts
They strip down a brand new car and want to keep the aircon? Never use Italian spare parts before, apparently ;-).

They want to use the tub of a car half the weight and a sixth the power???
Why not simply start from the chassis of a nascar?

·
Registered
757 Posts
1500 HP with a gated manual in the Alfa... No offence, but that is just silly. The weight distribution will be more like 25/75, so I bet they will have to add dead weight to the front.
With 1,500 HP I don't think dead weight will present much of a problem!

While it is a little silly, I'll take every bit of that 1,500!

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
That is similar to the Hennessy Venom. Something like 1500HP from an extended Lotus.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
That is similar to the Hennessy Venom. Something like 1500HP from an extended Lotus.

True, and I respect what Hennessy has done going over the top with his modifications. Personally, I never liked the Venom design, the proportion are just off. It was really his test mule for his current 300 mph supercar. I have considered some time ago to have him modify my 4C, as he is just down the road from me. However this appears to be this gentleman first attempt at such things, and IMHO is not quite equipped to do such modifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,218 Posts
People with too much money and not enough imagination. Or maybe ambition exceeding budget? The “Stick a bigger engine in a little car” idea has been around since the dawn of the automobile. Yeah, that’ll make it go faster, with little thought to what you will lose. Did he ever think why not just buy a Lambo?

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Would love to see an engine swap from Giulia QV.
It is an Alfa and should keep an Alfa engine and the V6 is definitely strong enough.
I definitely think that you could find some transverse mounted V6 that would fit in the 4C body. I think that would be a far more interesting swap from my practical point of view.... But I don't have vision, do I... lol

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Jamie and Pogea have put bigger engines or engines with bigger internals in a 4C

Stripping a car to use as parts to surround an engine, to me, is just building a custom car.

It is 100% not putting a lambo engine into a 4C

Similar to how Nascar’s only share about 5% in common with the actual street car they are based on

1 - 20 of 67 Posts