Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
@lars

When are you going to offer replacement seat covers? I think the alcantara wear I’m starting to see on the drivers seats of forum members will soon spark up demand.

I emailed this mob and they replied that they just need a pattern, read “send us your old covers”, and they can reproduce them. I have no idea if that’s viable with our seats but I’d appreciate your thoughts seeing you’ve recovered your own seats more than once!

My concern with this is fitment, so much goes into getting a seat right once the "cover is complete" most important the foam. Its could end up looking like old skin that sags. Also those seats must be mass produced and the leather they are alleging to use has to be terrible. Our leather is smooth, not pebbled which translates to be very expensive 500 to 800 a hyde, than add dynamica or alcantara for the mid section. Just some answers for you Sir.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Thanks! It's certainly interesting. As I said to Lars, it's a shame they didn't make it in a slightly nicer material, it's not even soft rubbery plastic. I guess costs had to be kept down.
I saw it listed in the NA parts database as leather… The console isn’t leather?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm dead interested in dual cupholding seat-side storage boxes... Cigar/Hickory brown with dark wine/scarlet edge stitching (creative stitching, even morse code is more fun than a broken line!) and same color hex pattern stitch across. If can be carbon or dimple die aluminum for the structure, you will retire selling these beauties to all of us.

Then matching bulkhead, door inserts (over the all carbon door cards), door pulls, brake boot, and Recaro Podium seat Pads. If you can also do the underside of my spider top, like a liner, done deal.

If you wanna go to the tippy top of 4C interior offerings, can you stitch text, like "4C" or classic, low key "Alfa Romeo"? Door pulls and arm rest/brake boot "emblems" on top of what you already make will kill the market like Jack the Ripper's immortal ghost.
A cup holder built into the side boxes interesting, especially for the driver side. I have Lars side boxes on both sides which are really useful. For most of my driving not a big deal and I am used to no cup holders in my older cars, but one big enough for a small water bottle or coffee cup would be great for cruising up to NH for the fall 4C road trip.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
A cup holder built into the side boxes interesting, especially for the driver side. I have Lars side boxes on both sides which are really useful. For most of my driving not a big deal and I am used to no cup holders in my older cars, but one big enough for a small water bottle or coffee cup would be great for cruising up to NH for the fall 4C road trip.
Im on it peter, if it comes at well, you can send me back your driver side one and ill modify or re-do it for you. I have your back as always

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Shown here is carbon skinned leather , with seem stitched scarlet stitching and the Alfa romeo Biscone , thanks for you order , stay tuned for some new ideas for this rear piece especially on thread .Thank you for your order @WarrenGotIt .

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Premium Member
4C LE 075 Rosso Tub
182 Posts
Received and installed my arm rest and driver’s storage box from @lars ! Lars is so good at what he does that he noticed my driver’s seat was configured for a taller person (I’m only 5’9”) and was custom cut it to fit the area perfectly.

The arm rest is a perfect match for the LE leather and stitching as is the box with the velvet and red stitching. Simply sublime and looking forward to a couple of ideas he has in store for a couple of one-off pieces. Be on the lookout for an update soon…
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design
Automotive design Grey Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive tire
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design
Light Automotive design Black Car seat cover Motor vehicle

21 - 32 of 32 Posts