Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
161 - 180 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's the leather satchel/pouch that fits on the firewall between the two seats. The one that's designed to hold Italian registration papers.
Ta. One thousand freaking dollars for that?? :huh:
A trip to Autobarn or SuperCheapAuto is on the cards then!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here is a link to the doc:
https://docs.zoho.com/file/cz73je4d87aed9a704882a6715074164de66b

Have to pay £200 for the leather pouch ($365) in the UK? Think that's too much? Try AUD$1,000 over here... Want coloured brake callipers? Yours for only $1,000. Prices are ridiculous.
It looks like our cars have more standard options compared to the euro spec ones. Carbon fiber headlight surround is not available as an option on the standard version:-(

Also the premium sound system is not available.

·
Administrator
18,681 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
There are 75 LE's and the rest are SE's. I'm not sure anyone will want an SE considering they have the plastic surround headlights. Makes the car look really cheap.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Can the carbon fibre surrounds be retrofit later?
You could probably import them from the UK as there is a listed part number for them (5IF). They are a £1,600 option on the 4C, so around $3,000 + shipping + duty + GST (payable on shipping and duty total). Not sure how much they are outside of ordering with a build.

If you apply the same markup for the leather pouch to the CF headlights you get:

leather pouch is $365 in UK = $1,000 in Australia
CF headlights are $3,000 in UK = $8,219 in Australia

No idea if that's what AR Aust would charge if they ever offered them as an option, but it's a starting point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Went to my dealer yesterday and paid the balance of the deposit. They were preparing cars for FCA and I saw it live for the first time. Every bit as amazing as I'd imagined and remembered some others who said it was smaller than they expected. My original deposit on the car was 15/09/2011. Waiting for late February.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you notice whether "our" cars have the horrid extra transmission cooling vent in front of LHS rear wheel ?

I put in my paperwork yesterday after expression of interest in July 2011 and then deposit in November 2012.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Madreperla white is here!

Kaliber :
Yes. I have an LE allocated.
Just have to sign the $120k contract.

Hi Kaliber,

were you allocated a white LE (you were waiting for that,
no?) which you recently thought was not in the first shipment ?
But than the price of $120k doesn't seem to be right - I have
a confirmed order for a white LE, Feb. delivery (VIN, cleared bond ex warehouse Melbourne) at about 6k higher.

Also the extra 130 Kg is a nasty surprise, the 4.5 sec-100km
is now absolutely impossible!!!!!!!
The calculator for this weight and power shows over 5 sec!!!!
To achieve the 4.5 sec the car would need another 40hp=280hp.

http://www.060calculator.com/

Regards,

Leslie

161 - 180 of 378 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.