Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
141 - 160 of 206 Posts
Oddly, AR4C, ALFA4C and 4C all taken so here's what I went with. Go ahead, sound it out... ;-)

How do your plates work? How can you have just a word? Our plates in England have two letters of location, two numbers of year and three random letters.

I have JA65KSN (my surname)

How do your plates work? How can you have just a word? Our plates in England have two letters of location, two numbers of year and three random letters.

I have JA65KSN (my surname)
Here in NSW it all depends upon how much you’re prepared to pay. Basically it’s a maximum of six characters, the cheapest being black on white slimline premium plates. It’s possible to have from 1 to six letters, from 1 to 6 numbers (I think, definitely possible in the ACT) or a combination of letters and numbers up to a maximum of 6.
It’s a money making rort here, as you not only pay a fee for the initial plate (which is never yours btw) but also an annual fee of $100 for the cheapest and $400 for the most expensive. Luckily I got my personalised plate for my 147 before they discovered they were onto a winner so it doesn’t attract the annual fee. No such luck with my 4C.

Here in NSW it all depends upon how much you’re prepared to pay. Basically it’s a maximum of six characters, the cheapest being black on white slimline premium plates. It’s possible to have from 1 to six letters, from 1 to 6 numbers (I think, definitely possible in the ACT) or a combination of letters and numbers up to a maximum of 6.
It’s a money making rort here, as you not only pay a fee for the initial plate (which is never yours btw) but also an annual fee of $100 for the cheapest and $400 for the most expensive. Luckily I got my personalised plate for my 147 before they discovered they were onto a winner so it doesn’t attract the annual fee. No such luck with my 4C.
In the UK the government keep all the best plates and sell them for a premium, mine was £1k, some go for £100s k

We don't have to pay any annual fees.

141 - 160 of 206 Posts