Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
201 - 220 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Cheers mate, really helpful, I’ll be onto it tomorrow and get some ordered. Now I’ve got the hang of the QuickJack nothing is a problem to me, tomorrow I’m swapping my wheels back to the oem silver ones, I’m in control finally, no more taking to garage with a lift.
Is it true you can’t jack one wheel up at a time ?

Just thinking re my new titans how I’d much rather not take it to a shop who I don’t trust lifting the car on a hoist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,599 Posts
Is it true you can’t jack one wheel up at a time ?

Just thinking re my new titans how I’d much rather not take it to a shop who I don’t trust lifting the car on a hoist

That is the advice given, though you can do one side at a time. Make sure you show them where to lift it from. Show them diagrams, point out the actual lift points and supervise it in person. Don’t take no for an answer.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That is the advice given, though you can do one side at a time. Make sure you show them where to lift it from. Show them diagrams, point out the actual lift points and supervise it in person. Don’t take no for an answer.
I have a low profile at home what’s the point for a centre one side lift ?
I have a family friend who owns a tyreshop tho I’m getting the tyres elsewhere it appears as he wasnt cheaper so I’d feel bad using his services

·
Super Moderator
12,599 Posts
Is that “What’s the point” or “Where’s the point”? Some cars have the extra lift point, others don’t. You have to look for it. I’ve never used it, but mine has it.
What’s the point is that it avoids putting a twisting force on the tub.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If your car does have the center reinforced lift spot, you can use it:

As Alfanut mentioned, not all 4C's have them.

Reactions: Cas155

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Is that “What’s the point” or “Where’s the point”? Some cars have the extra lift point, others don’t. You have to look for it. I’ve never used it, but mine has it.
What’s the point is that it avoids putting a twisting force on the tub.
nah I did mean it how
You initially said as in where do I find it hahaha

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Make sure it is auto grade and rated for exterior to withstand the heat, rain and weather out there on the road. This is what I bought, 1/2 inch also is the width that you want.

I got my air dam fixed back securely today, on the quickjack it was easy job. I used 1mm thick (15mm wide) tape I use for work , it’s exterior grade glazing tape for sticking georgian bars to glass windows, it’s designed to withstand frost and wet weather , I cleaned both surfaces and it stuck instantly the dam back into position. Probably saved myself 100 quid at the dealers. It’s great to be in control and ’have a go’ .

·
Registered
772 Posts
Similar air dam fix here. I noticed most of the rusty staples had come loose towards the middle part of the dam, so I used some 1/2” wide 3M body tape (double sided gray tape with red release film) in the middle and pulled out the loose staples. Kind of a letdown to see that they used non galvanized staples to install it from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
12,599 Posts
Similar air dam fox here. I noticed most of the rusty staples had come loose towards the middle part of the dam, so I used some 1/2” wide 3M body tape (double sided gray tape with red release film) in the middle and pulled out the loose staples. Kind of a letdown to see that they used non galvanized staples to install it from the factory.
Standard Alfa practise, judging by my old 147 and it’s front lip air dam, so unsurprised...though disappointed.

·
Registered
2016 Spider
212 Posts
I got my air dam fixed back securely today, on the quickjack it was easy job. I used 1mm thick (15mm wide) tape I use for work , it’s exterior grade glazing tape for sticking georgian bars to glass windows, it’s designed to withstand frost and wet weather , I cleaned both surfaces and it stuck instantly the dam back into position. Probably saved myself 100 quid at the dealers. It’s great to be in control and ’have a go’ .
That should work, I just check mine every now and then specially when I rub it to the ground to make sure it is still intact and so far looks good!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I reviewed this thread before performing some minor work underside today.

Interestingly, my car has no marked / reinforced jacking points. Also noted that my tub has no bolts / reinforcement near the side skirts as others have. I wonder whether my tub is less robust.

Today (and previously) I lifted my car at the designated marked sites and also in the middle using a low profile jack with some timber to spread the pressure and placed onto Race Ramps (wheels did not need to be removed). No problems. I also have 4x Esko stands when needed but would love to own the QwikJack.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,013 Posts

Interestingly, my car has no marked / reinforced jacking points. Also noted that my tub has no bolts / reinforcement near the side skirts as others have. I wonder whether my tub is less robust.

Today (and previously) I lifted my car at the designated marked sites and also in the middle using a low profile jack with some timber to spread the pressure and placed onto Race Ramps (wheels did not need to be removed). No problems. I also have 4x Esko stands when needed but would love to own the QwikJack.
I like the idea of those race ramps as a secondary safety measure when using my quick jack. I looked online and around £300 for 4, been thinking I could copy them out of plywood (make a box construction ) with the same shape.

·
Super Moderator
12,599 Posts

Surely it must have a couple? Did you photograph the underside of the car?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Surely it must have a couple? Did you photograph the underside of the car?
Nope none.

Looks just like this wrecked LE underneath (RIP).
I think the reinforced side parts must be where the seats mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
What are these then? Or are those from a car that has them and yours doesn’t? Really odd that it should be the case.
That’s Hornetball’s photo. I didn’t think to take some shots while it was up but it’s ultra smooth underneath.

Maybe it for better aero, or a superleggerra tub 😁

201 - 220 of 252 Posts