Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,836 Posts
I like the Quick Jack which i have. An alternative would be to close windows, close off the vents and buy a big tank of Helium to fill the interior. The main problem other than trying to lift that much weight is that those working on the car would sound like Donald Duck ;-)

You can find very low profile and long reach hydraulic jacks that work fine for lifing one side at a time using the middle pad. You can than put some very low profile jack stands or concrete blocks under the front lift point and the rear point. This works on some 4Cs....those that have that extra lift point between the normal forward and rear lift point structure.
I found a long reach low profile jack at Harbor Freight in the US.

What ever system you use....make sure to turn off your car alarm system (unlock the doors) if your car has the burglar alarm option. If you forget this you will set off your car burglar alarm.

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,599 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,836 Posts
Is this experience talking? ;) :)
Yes it is....late one night I was going to work on my 4C and lift it. As I jacked it up the alarm went off. The car was locked and the keys were in the house. All of the kids were asleep (school next day). The theft alarm is plenty loud as my P.O'ed kids and wife could attest to.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Are you still trying to workout how to lift your road rocket? No luck with Alfa Oz? Next stop Italy?
They are idiots they said to go into my local Alfa Romeo for more advice.. deadset morons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Jesus wept…..So sorry the world is full of dead heads.
Absolutely clueless they were seriously poor service , the local Alfa dealer is going to have no clue , just a waste of a trip

• Sad
Reactions: Alfanut

·
Super Moderator
12,599 Posts
Absolutely clueless they were seriously poor service , the local Alfa dealer is going to have no clue , just a waste of a trip

I would have thought, if they had half a caring brain between them, that they would offer to place a lifting pad at each of the required locations on the underside of the tub. Seems an easy solution to me that only requires a willingness from Alfa. How effing hard could it be?

That yours has none (lift pads) indicates to me an obligation from Alfa to rectify the situation. But what do I know? Suggest it to them.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yeah good idea actually! If not maybe this is something I can try do myself !?

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yeah good idea actually! If not maybe this is something I can try do myself !?

Cas,

I am not sure whether this will answer your question.

My car has no jacking pads. It's smooth underneath.
See my post here.

Regardless, I jack up one side from the middle of the tub using a low profile jack.
I have a piece of hardwood (read: HARDWOOD) and a rubber pad over top to spread pressure on the tub. This sits on top of the circular pad of the jack.
I have jacked it up numerous times without any issues.
You can then place it on race ramps or flat top jackstands.
Sanding block Rectangle Wood Sharpening stone Fashion accessory

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,599 Posts
Cas,

See my post here.

Regardless, I jack up one side from the middle of the tub using a low profile jack.
I have a piece of hardwood (read: HARDWOOD) and a rubber pad over top to spread pressure on the tub. This sits on top of the circular pad of the jack.
View attachment 134377
There’s ingenuity for you!👍

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Cas,

See my post here.

View attachment 134377
Thanks Mate ! Any photos from underneath when jacked up for extra insight ?
I’m just worried for when I need to change the tyres and don’t really wanna do two at a time trips to the shop

241 - 252 of 252 Posts