Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow alfisti,

getting ready to put the rear quarter panel back on the car - my friend did his timing belt and when we put the quarter panel back on, we noticed that there were gaps along the seams. While wverything lined up properly and all the bolts were tight, the rear bumper to quarter panel joint simply would not seal up properly. Was there something we missed when putting the car back together? Is there a particular order these things need to be bolted in order for all the gaps to properly seat and seal?

thanks!

·
Administrator
17,625 Posts
Rewind to before you removed the panel, and put multiple pieces of painters tape across all of the gaps, split them along the gaps, and you would have some targets to line up again.

Sorry for being a smart ass (see my avatar), but that was for the benefit of others who follow in your footsteps.

You only removed one panel, so resist the temptation. To loosen and adjust multiple other panels, Depending on which bolts you undid, you may have to play around in one, likely two, or (hopefully not) three dimensions.

@Docron , you’ve been here. Can you make any useful (as opposed to my) suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Mine came off when Alfaworks installed my Wavetrak diff. I noticed one was very slightly wrong. I just backed out the bolts, pulled, pushed and tightened them again, perfect fit.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
There are 2 L brackets in the rear of the quarter panel that potentially have three dimensional adjustments that must be made to ideally realign the panel. These L brackets located laterally to the trunk bucket can be adjusted to widen/narrow the trunk lid to quarter panel seam as well as raise/lower quarter panel in relation to trunk lid height.

adjusting these brackets will also affect the other seams of the quarter panel as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts