Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, 4C fans.

My name is Niklas Lilja and I live in Sweden where I also have my own shop where I do custom things for cars, tuning, handling, brakes, etc, manufacturing parts in most materials like Stainless, Aluminium, and Titanium. Making gearbox and engine rebuilds.
I'm a dealer for Endless brakes, Intrax suspensions and WaveTrac differentials amongst other collaborations.

Some history about me.
I have had my 4C now for a bit more than 2 years and absolutely love it, but I'm an extreme petrol head as you will read below, so the car is not so stock anymore =).
Just as a teaser I think I'm the first one to be able to go over 500hp in the engine. I have finally solved the last piece of the puzzle and that is the fuel pump as the stock fuel pump cant deliver more than around 1,5-1,6bar of boost until the pressure is going down in the fuel rail. The 200 bar that should be is going down to 100bar or below if you are exceeding 350-370hp with the stock 1,75L displacement. If you go up to 2,0L then you might be able to squeeze out just over 400hp.
I'm now running with 2,4bar boost pressure and 220bar of fuel pressure and all is working fine finally =).
Let's say that I always want to push the limits forward as you will probably see.

Back to the beginning about me.
I'm 36years old and have been working with cars and racing cars almost all my life as a mechanic, race engineer, driver, and official test driver for Koenigsegg.
I have been a mechanic and race engineer professionally for touring cars and Porsche Carrera Cup between -06 to -14.
-11 I started my own career as a driver and team owner and I started with Trofeo Abarth that was based on the Abarth 500 and later to be the Abarth 695EVO.
I raced in Sweden the first three years because I didn't have money and eventually I won two of the three Championships and came second in one. For every race there was some prize money and winning a Championship there was a brand new Abarth 500. So after winning around 70% of all the races and two championships, I got enough money after selling the cars to be able to race in the European Championship -14 and -15. I had already driven some races in Italy -11 my first year I went down to Monza to drive the European Final and took pole position and won one of the two races. In my first race abroad and my 7th race in total.

I then almost won the European Championship 2014 but a big crash in the penultimate round destroyed the car I got no points and my worst rival for the championship won both races and got 50 points. So I lost the championship by around 10 points, in the end, lost the price money of €30K. That winter I was working like crazy to be able to get money to be able to race 2015 because I wanted to win the Europen Championship so bad.

2015 I had to make everything on my own and sleeping in my car during the races as that was the only chance I got to be able to compete with new tires and give me the chance of winning the championship. But after a good season, I won the European Championship with one race to go. We raced at tracks like Monza, Mugello, Imola, Vallelunga, Spa-Francorchamps, Paul-Ricard, Redbull Ring, Sachenring and some more.

In 2014 I was picked up by Maserati that offered me to drive and test their Maserati Trofeo car at Silverstone and they were impressed and I got to Drive their guest car in the World finals in Abu Dhabi 2014, I was testing some parts on the car for the following year.
2015 I got called in again to race at Redbull Ring and making some development for a GT4 car. At the end of 2015, all racing programs for Maserati were canceled due to the budget that was going into Alfa going into F1.
That was a mega fun car to drive with almost 500Na hp and a sound that was amazing.

2016 I drove with the Maserati in the Scandinavian GT4 Championship and took many poles and almost won the championship but in the last race my steering servo broke and I lost some points just to finish second in the championship.

2015-16 I helped a friend at Caresto Cars in Sweden to build the Arkham Night Batmobile, which was used in the Gumball 3000 -16 with team Gallag.

In Autumn 2016 I started working as the official test driver for Koenigsegg, developing the Koenigsegg Regera.

2017 the 4th November I broke the speed world record for production cars with a Koenigsegg Agera RS on a highway in the USA with 285mph/458km/h and avg of 277.9mph/447km/h. Also several other records like the flying mile, flying km and 0-400-0km/h in 33.29sec.

At the end of 2018 I bought my Alfa 4C and after that its gone through some modifications =) to improve this last marvel of car that we probably never is going to be able to experience anymore as cars gets heavier and heavier. At least for us mortal that don‘t have hundreds of $ on the bank account.

More will follow about all the modifications but here are some pictures of my car and some movies from my youtube channel and Instagram.

Login • Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9B_zVGhgIy-9x1n007R-A

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,416 Posts
A very interest history, Niklas. Looking forward to seeing the mods you’ve done to your 4C in further detail.

Hi, 4C fans.

My name is Niklas Lilja and I live in Sweden where I also have my own shop where I do custom things for cars, tuning, handling, brakes, etc, manufacturing parts in most materials like Stainless, Aluminium, and Titanium. Making gearbox and engine rebuilds.
I'm a dealer for Endless brakes, Intrax suspensions and WaveTrac differentials amongst others collaborations.

Some history about me.
I have had my 4C now for a bit more than 2 years and absolutely love it, but I'm an extreme petrol head as you will read below, so the car is not so stock anymore =).
Just as a teaser I think I'm the first one to be able to go over 500hp in the engine. I have finally solved the last piece of the puzzle and that is the fuel pump as the stock fuel pump cant deliver more than around 1,5-1,6bar of boost until the pressure is going down in the fuel rail. The 200 bar that should be is going down to 100bar or below if you are exceeding 350-370hp with the stock 1,75L displacement. If you go up to 2,0L then you might be able to squeeze out just over 400hp.
I'm now running with 2,4bar boost pressure and 220bar of fuel pressure and all is working fine finally =).
Let's say that I always want to push the limits forward as you will probably see.

Back to the beginning about me.
I'm 36years old and have been working with cars and racing cars almost all my life as a mechanic, race engineer, driver, and official test driver for Koenigsegg.
I have been a mechanic and race engineer professionally for touring cars and Porsche Carrera Cup between -06 to -14.
-11 I started my own career as a driver and team owner and I started with Trofeo Abarth that was based on the Abarth 500 and later to be the Abarth 695EVO.
I raced in Sweden the first three years because I didn't have money and eventually I won two of the three Championships and came second in one. For every race there was some prize money and winning a Championship there was a brand new Abarth 500. So after winning around 70% of all the races and two championships, I got enough money after selling the cars to be able to race in the European Championship -14 and -15. I had already driven some races in Italy -11 my first year I went down to Monza to drive the European Final and took pole position and won one of the two races. In my first race abroad and my 7th race in total.

I then almost won the European Championship 2014 but a big crash in the penultimate round destroyed the car I got no points and my worst rival for the championship won both races and got 50 points. So I lost the championship by around 10 points, in the end, lost the price money of €30K. That winter I was working like crazy to be able to get money to be able to race 2015 because I wanted to win the Europen Championship so bad.

2015 I had to make everything on my own and sleeping in my car during the races as that was the only chance I got to be able to compete with new tires and give me the chance of winning the championship. But after a good season, I won the European Championship with one race to go. We raced at tracks like Monza, Mugello, Imola, Vallelunga, Spa-Francorchamps, Paul-Ricard, Redbull Ring, Sachenring and some more.

In 2014 I was picked up by Maserati that offered me to drive and test their Maserati Trofeo car at Silverstone and they were impressed and I got to Drive their guest car in the World finals in Abu Dhabi 2014, I was testing some parts on the car for the following year.
2015 I got called in again to race at Redbull Ring and making some development for a GT4 car. At the end of 2015, all racing programs for Maserati were canceled due to the budget that was going into Alfa going into F1.
That was a mega fun car to drive with almost 500Na hp and a sound that was amazing.

2016 I drove with the Maserati in the Scandinavian GT4 Championship and took many poles and almost won the championship but in the last race my steering servo broke and I lost some points just to finish second in the championship.

2015-16 I helped a friend at Caresto Cars in Sweden to build the Arkham Night Batmobile.

In Autumn 2016 I started working as the official test driver for Koenigsegg, developing the Koenigsegg Regera.

2017 the 4th November I broke the speed world record for production cars with a Koenigsegg Agera RS on an highway in USA with 285mph/458km/h and avg of 277.9mph/447km/h. Also several other records like flying mile, flying km and 0-400-0km/h in 33.29sec.

At the end of 2018 I bought my Alfa 4C and after that its gone through some modifications =) to improve this last marvel of car that we probably never is going to be able to experience anymore as cars gets heavier and heavier. At least for us mortal that don‘t have hundreds of $ on the bank account.

More will follow about all the modifications but here are some pictures of my car and some movies from my youtube channel and Instagram.

Login • Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9B_zVGhgIy-9x1n007R-A

·
Administrator
17,625 Posts
Wow, that’s some CV.
First off, welcome to the forum. Belated congratulations on your 4C, and on your mods.
Thanks for the pictures, too.
Would be very interested to hear more about all the work you have done on the 4C, and what you had to do in order to accommodate all of the extra power (cooling, transmission, air intake, intercooler, internals, transmission, exhaust, turbo, tuning - must all have been challenges).

Looking forward to more stories.
Meanwhile, enjoy your car and this forum.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting pictures of the car! We can never have enough 4C photos here. ;)

Reactions: Gr3yf8x

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,486 Posts
Welcome to the Forum....very interested in your mods and sure a bunch of others here also. You have quite an impressive background so we will all be looking for your input. I subscribed to your Youtube channel. Respect for your driving and mechanic skills!

Since you have had the 4C since new and stock it will be great to hear what things you see as potential upgrades and how they fix any inherent issues with the car. Many of us do have mods and several are serious tracking and racing our 4Cs.

Hope to see more of your posts and of course pictures!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all. I have been lurking on the forum for a while without presenting myself until now.

I have been very busy the last week with a customer 4C that I changed differential in and big service with cambelt etc. and also changed brake disc and pads because the old pads destroyed the discs when track diving. So new discs and my Endless brake pads.

I also put on swaybars on the car and changed the wheel alignment on the car, there were Ohlins dampers on it and just a lot of things was wrong on it from the previous owner to the customer that has it now, so it was a lot of work to make everything right as the customer had no confidence in the car.

So back to my car.
I obviously changed some parts for the suspension, I made one set of Intrax dampers to it and changed to uniballs in all a-arms and bought new wider rims and Michelin Cup 2 tires.
I also had an Endless brake kit from another project from the past on the shelf and I was looking at it and said, its been sitting there for over 10 years now so why not put them on the car as this car is also a marketing project and a thank you project to all the manufactures that have helped me thru the years.
I made new brackets for the calipers in the front and rear so everything fit.
I calculated the piston area and it's exactly the same as the stock calipers so there is nothing that has changed in that aspect so it's not making anything stupid with the ABS unit.
And the stopping power is beyond what the tires can cope with =). So they are way too overkill.
But the weight difference was quite small, only added 4kg (8,8lb) in total and they are 355mm in the front and 320mm in the rear now.

Front:
Endless 355x32mm with 6piston calipers = 13kg (28,6lb)
Alfa stock 305x28mm with 4 piston calipers = 10kg (22lb)
Rear:
Endless 320x32mm with 4piston calipers = 10kg (22lb)
Alfa stock 292x22mm with 1 piston calipers = 9kg (19,8lb)

So around 4kg extra isn't that bad compared to the size of these brakes, the pads are almost twice as thick. But I actually made another kit with 4 piston calipers in the front with 332mm discs and 2 piston calipers in the rear with 305mm disc and that was around 4kg lighter in total, I wanted them but as said I had this already had this brakes so I used them.

But as you might understand I have been working with chassis things for quite some time and I really like engines as well and have built my first honda B16 engine on my first car the CRX -91 VT back in early 2000.

So I haven't been out driving the car more than on 3 occasions on my local track.
I wanted to develop the engine as I have been working with cars well over 1000hp for quite some time now and 240hp was not enough in my opinion for this car and my experiences.
I have always had a dream or goal to one day build a nicely driven 300hp/liter engine. And I felt like this was it and with a good short stroked engine this would be it and 300hp/l would in this case and up at 525hp so I started investigating with all my connections in Italy and my own knowledge what the stock engine would handle and the plan was to make two kits available for people that wanted a bit more grunt in the engine and how it should be.

My first stage 1 kit is a stainless exhaust manifold that I made and calculated on my own given the tight space there is on the 4C is was a bit of a struggle to get everything to fit and I reached regarding what turbo I should use and the twin scroll turbo was superior in the beginning until I found one turbo that blows the other away. The new Garrett G series is phenomenal, very quick spool up compare to all other single scroll turbos and almost as fast as the twin scroll without the disadvantage the twin scroll has when it comes to backpressure at higher rpms.
Because that is really the problem with most twin scrolls that you build too much backpressure and this creates heat in the system and you limiting the flow.
So adjusted the turbo together with my manifold and built a complete exhaust with it and the pressure pipe going out of the turbo with the blow-off valve in and the intake pipe into the turbo. I used also a return type of blowoff valve that goes back into the intake just before the turbo.
Also here the problem nowadays at least in most parts of Europe is the noise limitations. So I needed to make silencer so I made the system with valves to have one free flow part straight out and the other in too the silencers.
With this turbo, I also use external wastegate and blow-off valves that also benefit from better control over boost and heat management as the WG is water cooled.
This kit could also be installed when the engine is still in the car. Together with this I made a plug n play solenoid valve to replace the stock pierburg valve controlling the stock WG.
I tried to use as many stock parts as possible.
I bought the standalone ECU from SCS delta that AlfaWorks in the UK sells like a plug n play kit that works great.

So out of the stock engine with my turbo kit, I got out 365hp (at 6200rpm) and 490nm (at 4100rpm) on 1,6bar boost. I also tried 1,8bar boost but only got out 371hp and 516nm. But this showed me that there is a restriction in the cylinder head as more boost increased the power in the middle part but not at the end.
But what I was most happy about is that I had full boost at around 3000rpmand over 450nm from 3000rpm all the way to 6000rpm and almost 500nm from 3500rpm to 5000rpm. and this makes the engine very nice to drive as you have a quick spool up and a long register to play with.

The best thing was that I could just put the stock ECU on and everything worked and you could drive to the inspection and clear all tests. Then go home and put the other ECU back.

After this, I took the engine apart and could see the reason for the restriction in the intake runners. They were very small and the reason for this is emissions as it creates turbulence at low rpms that helps the emissions a lot for homologations of the car. But from a performance perspective, it's not good. So the flow limit in the intake runners is around 1,6-1,8bar after that its no point so the stock engine can handle around 360-380hp and that is also what the internal parts can handle.
With a 2liter conversation, you could probably get to around 400-410hp because of the displacement.

So now I ported the cylinder head, changed the connecting rods, pistons and camshafts that I bought from Enry at Scara73.

Calculated everything with the numbers that I got from the first dyno run with the stage 1 kit. I could now see that I needed a bigger compressor part on the turbo to not over-rev it. So I bought a new turbo with the bigger compressor side and the biggest AR exhaust side to be able to produce around 550hp from this engine at around 2,4-2,6bar of boost pressure.
Made a copy of my exhaust manifold and added temp sensors in all pipes and in the collector and a lambda sensor in the collector and a backpressure sensor.
I also calculated the pressure pipes that needed to be bigger and also a bigger Intercooler.
So I made bigger pressure pipes and ordered an intercooler core and made my own prototype tanks on it. It became over 50% bigger and also the technology in the core is from PWR that makes cores for a lot of racing applications including Formula 1.

Then I ordered a bigger throttle body to be able to feed the intake with this much air and after that, I needed to make a new intake manifold that I calculated the length and size of the runners and the volume in the plenum.
Also, have bigger injectors that are around 30% bigger than the stock once.
I also added a temp and pressure sensor after the turbo to be able to measure the pressure loss from the turbo to the intake.
I balanced the crankshaft and measured all bearing plays and ordered the right bearings for the engine.

Now I turned my attention to the clutch so I sent the clutch discs away to be rebuilt to sinter pucks to be able to withstand the new torque. I needed also to modify the centrum plate in the clutch as the stock discs have two different thickness of the discs and sinter only have one size pucks.
I also lightened and balanced the flywheel.
I also came across WaveTrac and sent my stock diff to them and they made the differential for me as I also became a dealer after this and have now sold 4 diffs for 4Cs

I also have parts home to add a cooler to the gearbox but haven't put it on yet and will have temp sensors for the oil.

When I got everything working with my AiM logging system I could now see that I'm losing fuel pressure over 1,6bar of boost. So here is where the next problems arrive. The fuel pump can deliver maximum pressure over 340-350hp, after that the pressure is dropping off. The stock fuel pump cant flow more fuel.

So now a big task arrived and after a lot of trial and error for some months of development, I found a solution to this that is now working great. Then I could see that the pump in the tank is dropping the pressure so the tank pump needed to be replaced as well and with one that could handle E85 also for future development.
So needed to have an external fuel filter and pressure regulator to manage the pressure.

This is just a short story about this =) but now I'm trying to get a time at the dyno to really see what it can do and I want to be the first to over 500hp.

More pictures will follow soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thank you all. I have been lurking on the forum for a while without presented myself until now.

I been very busy the last week with a customer 4C that I changed differential in and big service with cambelt etc. and also changed brake disc and pads because the old pads destroyed the discs when track diving. So new discs and my Endless brake pads.

I also put on swaybars on the car and changed the wheel alignment on the car, there were Ohlins dampers on it and just a lot of things was wrong on it from the previous owner to the customer that has it now, so it was a lot of work to make everything right as the customer had no confidence in the car.

So back to my car.
I obviously changed some parts for the suspension, I made one set of Intrax dampers to it and changed to uniballs in all a-arms and bought new wider rims and Michelin Cup 2 tires.
I also had an Endless brake kit from another project from the past on the shelf and I was looking at it and said, its been sitting there for over 10 years now so why not put them on the car as this car is also a marketing project and a thank you project to all the manufactures that have helped me thru the years.
I calculated the piston area and it's exactly the same as the stock calipers so there is nothing that has changed in that aspect so it's not making anything stupid with the ABS unit.
And the stopping power is beyond what the tires can cope with =). So they are way too overkill.
But the weight difference was quite small, only added 4kg (8,8lb) in total and they are 355mm in the front and 320mm in the rear now.

Front:
Rear:

So around 4kg extra isn't that bad compared to the size of these brakes, the pads are almost twice as thick. But I actually made another kit with 4 piston calipers in the front with 332mm discs and 2 piston calipers in the rear with 305mm disc and that was around 4kg lighter in total, I wanted them but as said I had this already had this brakes so I used them.

But as you might understand I have been working with chassis things for quite some time and I really like engines as well and have built my first honda B16 engine on my first car the CRX -91 VT back in early 2000.

So I haven't been out driving the car more than on 3 occasions on my local track.
I wanted to develop the engine as I have been working with cars well over 1000hp for quite some time now and 240hp was not enough in my opinion for this car and my experiences.
I have always had a dream or goal to one day build a nicely driven 300hp/liter engine. And I felt like this was it and with a good short stroked engine this would be it and 300hp/l would in this case and up at 525hp so I started investigating with all my connections in Italy and my own knowledge what the stock engine would handle and the plan was to make two kits available for people that wanted a bit more grunt in the engine and how it should be.

My first stage 1 kit is a stainless exhaust manifold that I made and calculated on my own given the tight space there is on the 4C is was a bit of a struggle to get everything to fit and I reached regarding what turbo I should use and the twin scroll turbo was superior in the beginning until I found one turbo that blows the other away. The new Garrett G series is phenomenal, very quick spool up compare to all other single scroll turbos and almost as fast as the twin scroll without the disadvantage the twin scroll has when it comes to backpressure at higher rpms.
Because that is really the problem with most twin scrolls that you build to much backpressure and this creates heat in the system and you limiting the flow.
So adjusted the turbo together with my manifold and built a complete exhaust with it and the pressure pipe going out of the turbo with the blow-off valve in and the intake pipe into the turbo. I used also a return type of blowoff valve that goes back into the intake just before the turbo.
Also here the problem nowadays at least in most parts of Europe is the noise limitations. So I needed to make silencer so I made the system with valves to have one free flow part straight out and the other in too the silencers.
With this turbo, I also use external wastegate and blow-off valves that also benefit from better control over boost and heat management as the WG is water cooled.
This kit could also be installed when the engine is still in the car. Together with this I made a plug n play solenoid valve to replace the stock pierburg valve controlling the stock WG.
I bought the standalone ECU from SCS delta that AlfaWorks in the UK sells like a plug n play kit that works great.

So out of the stock engine with my turbo kit, I got out 365hp (at 6200rpm) and 490nm (at 4100rpm) on 1,6bar boost. I also tried 1,8bar boost but only got out 371hp and 516nm. But this showed me that there is a restriction in the cylinder head as more boost increased the power in the middle part but not at the end.
But what I was most happy about is that I had full boost at around 3000rpmand over 450nm from 3000rpm all the way to 6000rpm and almost 500nm from 3500rpm to 5000rpm. and this makes the engine very nice to drive as you have a quick spool up and a long register to play with.

The best thing was that I could just put the stock ECU on and everything worked and you could drive to the inspection and clear all tests. Then go home and put the other ECU back.

After this, I took the engine apart and could see the reason for the restriction in the intake runners. They were very small and the reason for this is emissions as it creates turbulence at low rpms that helps the emissions a lot for homologations of the car. But from a performance perspective, it's not good. So the flow limit in the intake runners is around 1,6-1,8bar after that its no point so the stock engine can handle around 360-380hp and that is also what the internal parts can handle.
With a 2liter conversation, you could probably get to around 400-410hp because of the displacement.

So now I ported the cylinder head, changed the connecting rods, pistons and camshafts that I bought from Enry at Scara73.

Calculated everything with the numbers that I got from the first dyno run with the stage 1 kit. I could now see that I needed a bigger compressor part on the turbo to not over-rev it. So I bought a new turbo with the bigger compressor side and the biggest AR exhaust side to be able to produce around 550hp from this engine at around 2,4-2,6bar of boost pressure.
Made a copy of my exhaust manifold and added temp sensors in all pipes and in the collector and a lambda sensor in the collector and a backpressure sensor.
I also calculated the pressure pipes that needed to be bigger and also a bigger Intercooler.
So I made bigger pressure pipes and ordered an intercooler core and made my own prototype tanks on it. It became over 50% bigger and also the technology in the core is from PWR that makes cores for a lot of racing applications including Formula 1.

Then I ordered a bigger throttle body to be able to feed the intake with this much air and after that, I needed to make a new intake manifold that I calculated the length and size of the runners and the volume in the plenum.
I also added a temp and pressure sensor after the turbo to be able to measure the pressure loss from the turbo to the intake.
I balanced the crankshaft and measured all bearing plays and ordered the right bearings for the engine.

Now I turned my attention to the clutch so I sent the clutch discs away to be rebuilt to sinter pucks to be able to withstand the new torque. I needed also to modify the centrum plate in the clutch as the stock discs have two different thickness of the discs and sinter only have one size pucks.
I also came across WaveTrac and sent my stock diff to them and they made the differential for me as I also became a dealer after this and have now sold 4 diffs for 4Cs

I also have parts home to add a cooler to the gearbox but haven't put it on yet and will have temp sensors for the oil.

When I got everything working with my AiM logging system I could now see that I'm losing fuel pressure over 1,6bar of boost. So here is where the next problems arrive. The fuel pump can deliver maximum pressure over 340-350hp, after that the pressure is dropping off. The stock fuel pump cant flow more fuel.

So now a big task arrived and after a lot of trial and error for some months of development, I found a solution to this that is now working great. Then I could see that the pump in the tank is dropping the pressure so the tank pump needed to be replaced as well and with one that could handle E85 also for future development.
So needed to have an external fuel filter and pressure regulator to manage the pressure.

This is just a short story about this =) but now I'm trying to get a time at the dyno to really see what it can do and I want to be the first to over 500hp.

WOW, just WOW!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Thank you all. I have been lurking on the forum for a while without presented myself until now.

I been very busy the last week with a customer 4C that I changed differential in and big service with cambelt etc. and also changed brake disc and pads because the old pads destroyed the discs when track diving. So new discs and my Endless brake pads.

So back to my car.

Front:
Rear:

Because that is really the problem with most twin scrolls that you build to much backpressure and this creates heat in the system and you limiting the flow.

Now that's a strong second post 🆒

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Niklas amazing to see a 4C truly driven hard. Guys, watch him haul booty in this video lol. "Let's have some fun" halfway through the video and he's sideways around the track for the remainder of the scenes...

Yeah this was the very first laps I did with the car just some weeks after I bought the car and when it was stock. The biggest problem was that it was some bad Dunlop tires on the car and it was just floating on the track with this tires.
But also it showcases some of the problems with the 4C when you push the car a bit, lack of differential (spinning a lot out of hairpins) and also when moving the car from one side to the other fast it upsets the car and you get a nasty slide if you don't react to it extremely fast.
Can't wait to go back with the car now and see how it performs =).
But anyhow I drove around 1.09.xx directly with the car the first laps and that is actually quite fast already on that track as for example Lotus Evora Sport 410 is over a second slower and it also just beats the Audi R8 V10 and is only 2sec from the Porsche GT3 RS.
Ring Knutstorp lap times - FastestLaps.com

So by any means, it's a bad car quite the opposite, but as you always tend to push the limits the flaws arrive and that is always the fun part to make a car fits your own driving style and make it faster.

There are always flaws in all cars as no car is perfect. But there is also a part of what you get for the money and the "fun factor" the car gives you. Everyone is different and that is the hardest nut to crack when you are working as a test driver and developing a car, that you can't make anything perfect because there is always another thing that it's failing for example if the car is working good on a track it might not work on another and then you are ruining the comfort of driving it on the street so when one thing is perfect the other isn't. There is always a compromise but the fun part of it is that you can mask a lot of it with different drive modes etc like I worked a lot within the Koenigsegg Regera for example as that car has 3-4 different drive modes that transform the car a lot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are some pictures of the engine when I built it and modifying the cylinder head for my stage two kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are some more of the assembly and I made my own ring compressor or "piston cone" for a perfect installation.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 91 Posts