Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this car is perfect for me. I test drove it and I see no issues daily driving it. I don't think its a perfect road only car. My only concern is will it be too loud for the wife.

Any buying tips? I'm thinking private is the way to go? Just find a good mechanic?

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

It may depend on how far from home you are willing to shop.
Often, there are good deals to be had several states away or across the country. I’d just look for the car that I wanted, appointed as desired and priced in my range - regardless of vendor. Do beware, however, that a number of 4C’s (and other Alfa & FCA product) have just been repo’ed from a Texas dealership and will find their way to market via a wholesale auction. These are reported to have “heat damage”, so buyer beware if you are shopping long distance and come up on one of these (no way of knowing).

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Often, there are good deals to be had several states away or across the country. I’d just look for the car that I wanted, appointed as desired and priced in my range - regardless of vendor. Do beware, however, that a number of 4C’s (and other Alfa & FCA product) have just been repo’ed from a Texas dealership and will find their way to market via a wholesale auction. These are reported to have “heat damage”, so buyer beware if you are shopping long distance and come up on one of these (no way of knowing).
For reference, my spreadsheet of spiders will have the VIN nbrs from the Dallas dealership. Can reference that list if concerned.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, be careful with those too good to be true deals out there. Find the one you like and can afford and take a trip to see it. I just did last week and I just received home today.
How did you have it inspected? Sometimes the mechanic you choose in biased. Conflicts of interest

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
where is heat damage?
Discussion here:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhhh. Thanks for the info.

Discussion here:

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
The car is a 2018 with only 1965 miles. It still under warranty so I just looked at it and took it for a test drive. No need for further inspection.

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
Found you a car...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are a true enthusiast! Sorry I could not buy your car. It was great working with you. Thanks so much for helping me find another car! You are a true gentleman!

Thanks to 4Canada's notification I might just have what you are looking for. Just listed the car this morning.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Not a problem. As I told you, I had a number of other offers within the first 24 hours and had the car sold in the next 24 hours. I just hope that you find the right 4C for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this car is perfect for me. I test drove it and I see no issues daily driving it. I don't think its a perfect road only car. My only concern is will it be too loud for the wife.

Any buying tips? I'm thinking private is the way to go? Just find a good mechanic?
I have a red Launch with 1910 miles on it. Number 176/500
I purchased it new. 959 mile on the car was driving home from Michigan.
Asking 49k
Thanks ,
Greg 417-438-8200

·
Registered
110 Posts
where is heat damage?
I think its referring to sun fading over time.
I went down there just before they shut down to have a look see and test drive.
Talk about high pressure sales !

Anyhow some of the CF on the roofs were heat "ghosted".
Perhaps some warping of the dash.
Fade.
Things like that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts