Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, Glad to be here with you all. I am looking to buy a 4C in the following colors, Yellow, White, Bright red. I am currently looking into the yellow 15 in VA, the yellow 16 in AZ and the White 16 in San Diego. Any thoughts Suggestions or warnings would be much Appreciated. Thanks Folks.

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
Hello Everyone, Glad to be here with you all. I am looking to buy a 4C in the following colors, Yellow, White, Bright red. I am currently looking into the yellow 15 in VA, the yellow 16 in AZ and the White 16 in San Diego. Any thoughts Suggestions or warnings would be much Appreciated. Thanks Folks.
Do a search. All the answers are here. Just spend a little time looking. First things first, are you after a Coupe or Spider?
I’ll start you off with this link….
The Definitive 4C Buyers Guide

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
Biggest issue to watch for is de-lamination of the leather on dashboards and door cards. Not something that happens to all cars (yet, anyway), nor is there any consistency with regard to the way the car is stored or cared for. But it is an expensive fix involving removing much of the interior to remedy. Given that all but a dozen or so NAFTA cars are leather interiors, it’s something to be aware of.

Otherwise, check the maintenance done vs the recommended schedule. Putting work off is not great, although the bolt tightening interval seems quite ambitious on Alfa’s part.

Good luck with your search!

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
Can you put up the links to the cars you have in mind?
Agreed. If after specific info on any of the cars listed he needs to put in links. There maybe members who know the cars….but he better be quick. They haven’t lasted for sale long in the current market.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Agreed, 4C’s listed in Canada last a few days. A couple high mileage coupes (60k plus KM) and 1 Tributo are all that’s listed on auto trader today. Act fast and doubt you’ll get anything off asking. Those days are over. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Agreed, 4C’s listed in Canada last a few days. A couple high mileage coupes (60k plus KM) and 1 Tributo are all that’s listed on auto trader today. Act fast and doubt you’ll get anything off asking. Those days are over. Good luck.
Tributo was spoken for (sold) before the ad even printed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tributo was listed about a week and half ago, removed and now listed again.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I found the one he mentions in another thread, very low miles for a 5 year old car !

Used 2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider ONLY 686 MILES LOTS OF CARBON 1-OWNER in San Diego CA (jakesmotorcars.com)
I bought a 600 mile 5 year old car last year.

Be prepared to do the belts and fluids as preventative maintenance as extremely low miles aren't good miles if you're going to be driving.

Also budget for tires and a new battery sooner than later.

As with any car, but especially one that hasn't been driven, make sure no open recalls and manufacturer campaigns exist.

Also, my car was allegedly in climate control it's whole life and has delamination.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Biggest issue to watch for is de-lamination of the leather on dashboards and door cards. Not something that happens to all cars (yet, anyway), nor is there any consistency with regard to the way the car is stored or cared for. But it is an expensive fix involving removing much of the interior to remedy. Given that all but a dozen or so NAFTA cars are leather interiors, it’s something to be aware of.

Otherwise, check the maintenance done vs the recommended schedule. Putting work off is not great, although the bolt tightening interval seems quite ambitious on Alfa’s part.

Good luck with your search!
Do you think the de-lamination may have something to do with care? I use a very nice Leather conditioner. Also when i leave the car outside on a sunny hot day i put a Windshield Shade up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts