Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,650 Posts
Hello, looking for a rosso, spider. Prefer to buy from enthusiast who cared for the car and have all records. Will also consider launch edition.
Taking the plunge after 9 years at the pool-edge? What happened to finally make your mind up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the lack of a manual deterred me all these years plus with everything becoming a hybrid, I lost hope that Alfa ( and many others) would make a manual let alone keep the ICE.

·
Administrator
19,024 Posts
So, you've not driven a 4C yet, I suspect?
Most people forget the "if only it came in a manual" woes about 30 seconds into the drive and never ever look back.
Personally, I think that the dual clutch is the perfect gearbox for this car and suits it right down to the ground.

It is a good time to be shopping, with the end of the driving season only about 6 weeks away and interest rates on the rise.
There's bound to be a car with your name on it appearing soon.

You might want to open your eyes to non-launch cars, though. Other than a plaque and a few odds and bobs there is nothing unique about those over the rest of the 4Cs on the market.
In fact, it might be argued (some have done so here) that the later cars are more likely to have early teething issues sorted out. Although there really weren't may problems with any of these cars, and by the time NAFTA LEs were made, the 4C was no longer in its maiden model year in Europe.

Anyway, glad to see you posting, and I look forward to hearing that you've found "the one"!

Good hunting!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, you've not driven a 4C yet, I suspect?
Most people forget the "if only it came in a manual" woes about 30 seconds into the drive and never ever look back.
Personally, I think that the dual clutch is the perfect gearbox for this car and suits it right down to the ground.

It is a good time to be shopping, with the end of the driving season only about 6 weeks away and interest rates on the rise.
There's bound to be a car with your name on it appearing soon.

You might want to open your eyes to non-launch cars, though. Other than a plaque and a few odds and bobs there is nothing unique about those over the rest of the 4Cs on the market.
In fact, it might be argued (some have done so here) that the later cars are more likely to have early teething issues sorted out. Although there really weren't may problems with any of these cars, and by the time NAFTA LEs were made, the 4C was no longer in its maiden model year in Europe.

Anyway, glad to see you posting, and I look forward to hearing that you've found "the one"!

Good hunting!
Thanks, I heard too that the launch edition had issues….I just love the front opening in the front fenders….now hopefully someone here wants to sell :)

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,650 Posts
Thanks, I heard too that the launch edition had issues….I just love the front opening in the front fenders….now hopefully someone here wants to sell :)
If so, he/she’d be a questionable enthusiast. Catch 22. 😉😁 Maybe if someone has a medical reason for selling, but I wouldn’t wish that upon anyone. Good luck with the search. There’ll be one with your name on it somewhere.

·
Registered
337 Posts
That was an option on non-LE cars but you'll have to search a little harder if you're after vents and have other specific options in mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts