Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SoCal friends! I gladly recall the weekly Lotus drives that met up at MDR...we had at one point some 20-30 cars on any given Saturday tearing it up in the Santa Monica mountains. I'd love to get us together as well, someone suggested a monthly and that seems like a great idea.

How about first Saturday/Sunday of each month so we can kick off May 7 or 8th. Perhaps we can alternate between Malibu canyons, Angeles Crest, maybe Glendora to Mt.Baldy. Open to any suggestions...also there's the Aliso Viejo Cars and Coffee every Sat 7am.

So post your thoughts and we can decide on Sat or Sundays...and time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
We should just make sure it doesn't conflict with Super Car Sunday Marque day or Piazza Gran Turismo. Those are always fun to attend.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I'm in.

I've been thinking about starting a group, but I've been to chicken.

Personally, I'd rather go driving than parking. But, yes, it's a conflict.

I was thinking we could rotate the meeting location. My reasoning is that there aren't many 4C cars in any one area. Most would have to drive to far to make it regularly. I don't mind driving halfway to San Luis Obisbo or San Diego once in a while. They do have neat roads and scenery there too.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great, are people in favor of Saturdays or Sundays? Again our kick off would be May 6 or 7 (you guys might be hung over from Cinco De Mayo? lol)

I liked 360Tom's suggestion of heading to Vincent Hill, never been there before. That's Angeles Crest to Upper Big Tujunga, to Angeles Forest Highway, lunch or quick rest and back down (and more driving if anyone wants to since we'll be in the mountains). Also planning a trip to Highway 33 / Ojai with other car and motorcycle friends we could do that one time as well.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
ATM, my car's in the shop with transmission problems including a slipping clutch. We do have a Fiat, but, we all know it's not quite the same thing.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Got my 4C back. Transmission seems to be fixed now. I'm ready to rumble.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just up at Newcombs today. The roads really nice.
Saturday drive anyone?
I'm going up on Saturday to do the route I posted up earlier, probably around 8ish? Just wanted to try it before the bigger monthly kick off - might also do the route up near Lake Hughes

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm going up on Saturday to do the route I posted up earlier, probably around 8ish? Just wanted to try it before the bigger monthly kick off - might also do the route up near Lake Hughes
Just let me know which route you would like to do. I'll meet you at whatever starting point it may be.

RB3

"I'm going up on Saturday to do the route I posted up earlier, probably around 8ish? Just wanted to try it before the bigger monthly kick off - might also do the route up near Lake Hughes
I could make it on Sunday."

This Sunday I can't do. SuperCarSunday has Ferrari as the Marque day.
I have to go to that one due to a little drive scheduled afterwards. They have a little route to the Santa Paula Airport to check out some hangers and car collections. But any other I'm game for. I just started my hiatus from work. So I'll have plenty of drive time up till the 4th of July.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like I have to take of some work tomorrow, so if I do go out this weekend it will be Sunday. We are still tracking though for the real kick off meet on Sunday, May 8 -

1 - 20 of 404 Posts