Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the Santa Monica Alfa service isn’t very good. They didn’t even quote me on the 10k service to do the bolt tightening and i don’t think they know what they’re doing.

Do you guys have places that you go to that isn’t the dealership that can handle all the maintenance?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Seems the Santa Monica Alfa service isn’t very good. They didn’t even quote me on the 10k service to do the bolt tightening and i don’t think they know what they’re doing.

Do you guys have places that you go to that isn’t the dealership that can handle all the maintenance?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do not go to Alfa of Santa Monica. They do not know what they're doing at all. I drive up to Alfa Romeo of Westlake owned by O'Gara Coach group. Luckily they will give you a loaner car so you can drop it off easily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Give Glendale Alfa a call. They have a very knowledgeable 4C tech (Marco). I took my 4c in for it's first service a couple months ago and was very happy with the experience.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Do not go to Alfa of Santa Monica. They do not know what they're doing at all. I drive up to Alfa Romeo of Westlake owned by O'Gara Coach group. Luckily they will give you a loaner car so you can drop it off easily.
Add Alfa Romeo of Westlake (O'Gara Coach Group) to the list of dealers to NOT go to. Going by your recommendation, I called up to get a price on an oil change and was quoted $900. I made sure it was "just" an oil change and the guy I spoke to proceeded to reaffirm that "just" for the oil change was indeed that price. They said it was because the 4c is a "very complex" vehicle and an oil change takes 6 hours to do. Wow and I thought Alfa Romeo of Santa Monica's $300 oil change was bad. The nerve of these morons to make you think this car is some delicate machine.

·
Registered
2016 Spider
57 Posts
My answer is a NO to all local dealers that I have tried so far:

• Santa Monica: Unprofessional and have no idea what they are doing, do not expect a loaner (maybe you get a dirty and ugly fiat 500L if you insist).
  • Westlake: The service is good, great loaners (Alfa's and Maserati's), the pricing do't even ask! but I'd say for warranty work give it a try.
  • Glendale: $495 for oil change?! I haggled and lowered to $250. Also they missed or ignored noticing the teared turbo down pipe shield when they were doing the oil change (really hard to miss as it was the first thing that I noticed once I dropped the belly pan two weeks after that oil change)
  • Van Nuys: Again price was high but haggled and they lowered $1250 bolt tightening to $750 but guess what? Later in the same month I opened the front hood to do some work and noticed it hasn't ever been opened in years, same story with the cover under the car and all the bolts for the service turned at least half a turn! So who knows what bolts they tightened!

·
Registered
630 Posts
HARD PASS on dealers to work in this car in LA...see note above about Dynamic Race Solutions, they know the car intimately :)

My answer is a NO to all local dealers that I have tried so far:

• Santa Monica: Unprofessional and have no idea what they are doing, do not expect a loaner (maybe you get a dirty and ugly fiat 500L if you insist).
  • Westlake: The service is good, great loaners (Alfa's and Maserati's), the pricing do't even ask! but I'd say for warranty work give it a try.
  • Glendale: $495 for oil change?! I haggled and lowered to $250. Also they missed or ignored noticing the teared turbo down pipe shield when they were doing the oil change (really hard to miss as it was the first thing that I noticed once I dropped the belly pan two weeks after that oil change)
  • Van Nuys: Again price was high but haggled and they lowered $1250 bolt tightening to $750 but guess what? Later in the same month I opened the front hood to do some work and noticed it hasn't ever been opened in years, same story with the cover under the car and all the bolts for the service turned at least half a turn! So who knows what bolts they tightened!

·
Registered
2016 Spider
57 Posts
HARD PASS on dealers to work in this car in LA...see note above about Dynamic Race Solutions, they know the car intimately :)
How are their prices? Do they perform alignments too? For anything out of standard spec alignment dealers won't even touch the car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have only used Glendale Alfa so far but I know Madness Autowerks in Signal Hill works on the 4C. I'm in need of an oil change and if the dealer is now $495 as posted above, I'm seriously considering taking my car to them. Anyone used them before?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Glendale is a definitely no go!

Heard bad things about the rest of LA official dealers.

Id like to find an indie shop in SoCal that knows the 4C inside and out. Especially for the 5 year service!

·
Registered
2016 Spider
57 Posts
Someone that knows 4C inside and out is probably hard to find in the entire LA and US as these cars are still fairly new, but a good mechanic with access to resources (manuals and etc) can figure out easily as it is not a very complicated car.
I have heard good things about these two shops in LA, they work on classic Italian cars as well as newer ones, they are all also car enthusiast and have racing experience. The shop pictures in google and yelp looks clean and nice. I have also heard the owner of the one in Montebello owns a 4C. I gathered these information from alfabb forum. I am planing to call Santos soon or give them a visit as they are the closest to me.
For valley area:
Santos Italian Car Service

8816 Amigo Ave.
Northridge, CA 91326
Tel: 818-701-1614

Closer to downtown:
DV Mechanics

933 S Greenwood Ave #5837
Montebello, CA 90640
Tel: (323) 479-6574

·
Registered
2016 Spider
57 Posts
I have only used Glendale Alfa so far but I know Madness Autowerks in Signal Hill works on the 4C. I'm in need of an oil change and if the dealer is now $495 as posted above, I'm seriously considering taking my car to them. Anyone used them before?
They have a sign with Giulia prices, don't remember it was $195 or $295, when I asked about that price the response was you car needs premium oil and filter, and I was like sure I have long furry ears :LOL:.
That is why I started to haggle and they lowered the price. Material does not cost more for 4C, I believe it is the same oil as Giulia and oil filter is not more expensive, I agree it is more work to drop the belly pan but for dealerships with those bolt/nut breaking air tools is like 5 minutes.
But if you insist to go to dealership definitely haggle the price and tell them before it was cheaper and another dealership or shop is only asking X amount and I am just here because it is closer to me and I have been your customer, etc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Someone that knows 4C inside and out is probably hard to find in the entire LA and US as these cars are still fairly new, but a good mechanic with access to resources (manuals and etc) can figure out easily as it is not a very complicated car.
I have heard good things about these two shops in LA, they work on classic Italian cars as well as newer ones, they are all also car enthusiast and have racing experience. The shop pictures in google and yelp looks clean and nice. I have also heard the owner of the one in Montebello owns a 4C. I gathered these information from alfabb forum. I am planing to call Santos soon or give them a visit as they are the closest to me.
For valley area:
Santos Italian Car Service

8816 Amigo Ave.
Northridge, CA 91326
Tel: 818-701-1614

Closer to downtown:
DV Mechanics

933 S Greenwood Ave #5837
Montebello, CA 90640
Tel: (323) 479-6574
Thank you for this helpful information! Although Santos had a few skeptical Yelp reviews reviews. I will have to check out DV Mechanics.

·
Registered
630 Posts
How are their prices? Do they perform alignments too? For anything out of standard spec alignment dealers won't even touch the car!
average hourly prices, they make race cars and support race teams...pretty much the farthest you can get from a dealer shop lol. Yes, motor builds, engine tuning, suspension installs and setup, track prep, custom fabrication, etc. they can haul your Alfa to the track in their large semi truck...full race prep and support. They do all the mundane pedestrian work on my Alfa like oil changes, they setup my suspension, installed the intercooler, etc.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione Coupe
43 Posts
kazkioken: Can you please clarify which shop you're discussing with your comment above? I'm a bit confused by the thread. Thanks.
average hourly prices, they make race cars and support race teams...pretty much the farthest you can get from a dealer shop lol. Yes, motor builds, engine tuning, suspension installs and setup, track prep, custom fabrication, etc. they can haul your Alfa to the track in their large semi truck...full race prep and support. They do all the mundane pedestrian work on my Alfa like oil changes, they setup my suspension, installed the intercooler, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I contacted Madness Autowerks today and they charge $250 for the oil change but their next available appt isn't until the end of July. Anyone have any experience with Champion Alfa in Downey?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I contacted Madness Autowerks today and they charge $250 for the oil change but their next available appt isn't until the end of July. Anyone have any experience with Champion Alfa in Downey?
Check out this thread for SoCal oil changes

Looks like madness upped their prices in the last few months.... Glendale seems like the best for an oil change. Their prices are shown on their website so there is good transparency. Anything more complicated than an oil change I wouldn’t bring to Glendale though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts