Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After calling a few dealers to inquire about a deposit.. I have been informed that while they didn't have any pricing info, delivery dates, or anything else specific... that they were going to be adding a "market adjustment" to the price. I have discussed this elsewhere on this forum... but I was seriously put off by both the statement of fact, and also that this would be communicated hungrily by the sales rep before he had even offered any info about the car itself.

For $80k... used porsche gt3 anyone??

·
Registered
24 Posts
CAlexio said:
After calling a few dealers to inquire about a deposit.. I have been informed that while they didn't have any pricing info, delivery dates, or anything else specific... that they were going to be adding a "market adjustment" to the price. I have discussed this elsewhere on this forum... but I was seriously put off by both the statement of fact, and also that this would be communicated hungrily by the sales rep before he had even offered any info about the car itself.

For $80k... used porsche gt3 anyone??
I'll definitely wait for a Stradale then or maybe when the fervor dies down. I personally choose to avoid false surcharges and gouging on principal. The dealers can take their VATs and cram them.

If I were Sergio, I'd be wary of greedy dealers having a negative impact on Alfa's roll-out.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Which leads me to wonder whether Alfa USA will do the same as Europe? To prevent gouging and ensuring a level playing field in Europe all payments for the 4C were made directly to the Mother Ship in Italy. I'm sure AR want to avoid any negative feedback on their re-entry to the USA.

To our South African members, can you comment on whether this is what happened for you too?

In Australia the maximum price is set by the marque/distributor. However we have "dealer delivery" charges, which are always around $2k. This is where the dealer makes an additional margin as all they do is wash the car. You can sometimes talk them down to a few hundred dollars, but I doubt we can do that with the 4C. I'm hoping AR Australia set the price and we pay them directly.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Kaliber the payment directly to Alfa is just for the Launch Edition, after that it will be up to the dealers to sell them.

From my conversations with various dealers in the UK, most of them are desperate to be able to start selling the standard 4C as the requests they had for the LE were huge!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Sorry. Should have clarified. I meant for the LE, not the standard model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's another definition of 'market adjustment'. Fiat burns through lots of cash failing to successfully reenter Alfa into the US market.

I also have to say, I'm a bit disappointed by how they've handled the pre-order, deposit situation from a customer service standpoint. I'd been following this build for years and submitted my info as soon as the website would allow it. Apart from a few emails, perhaps auto-responses, it seems to me there are people coming late to the game who hunted down dealers willing to take a deposit. I'd be pretty ticked if I was someone hoping for a LE and ended up loosing out by following Alfa protocols stating to wait for a dealer to contact you. It's not a real problem as the LE isn't in the color I want anyway, but I am sitting here observing the launch play out to gauge the company.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's been a joke in the US. The dealers are completely clueless about the car and Alfa hasn't given them anything to go on. Clearly options, colors, and a delivery window have to be known at this point as production has started for Europe and it is a world car with one model globally. It's kind of funny that they don't know if it will cost $55k or $90k.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
008 said:
It's been a joke in the US. The dealers are completely clueless about the car and Alfa hasn't given them anything to go on. Clearly options, colors, and a delivery window have to be known at this point as production has started for Europe and it is a world car with one model globally. It's kind of funny that they don't know if it will cost $55k or $90k.
Here is a slide from an AR presentation that shows the difference between the LE and regular model. I've also attached the options for the LE.

I don't know what will be exclusive to the LE (aside from Matt White paint), but assume some LE standard fixtures will be able to be added as options.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I will be put out if Alfa allows US dealers to add unreasonable charges to the price of the car. AR has continually reduced any respect they have in the US. If the dealer I put a deposit down with does this I may wait it out. Like Abraxis, I am not interested in the LE version especially if they coninue to utilize the headlight treatment.
I suspect AR will not even inquire as to whicj dealers have taken deposits and will stick to what ever criteria they have decided upon.
It is a shame that they continue to be so tight lipped about the entry plans in the US. There is nothing to be gained by playing this masquerade.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This should be interesting. Alfa has the chance to get it right. We will see how serious they are. I really like the looks and the specs, but if they mess the pricing I'll just get something else. At the end of the day it's just a car.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Dino said:
Like Abraxis, I am not interested in the LE version especially if they coninue to utilize the headlight treatment.
I guess you're out of the market for a 4C then. The production version also has the same headlight treatment - but it's not CF. CF is available as an option and has been confirmed by AR as such.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I highly doubt that AR will price the 4C Launch Edition so close to 911 Porshce..

In most countries its priced very close to the Cayman and Cayman S.

And Alfa has not confirmed all options on the standard car yet. So colours, wheels and other options are not available to anyone yet. Let alone to the US.

For now the first 4C's that will hit the US shores are the 500 Launch Edition 4C's which comes with either Rosso Alfa colour or the Matt White paint.

Exclusive to the Launch Edition:
CF boot spoiler
CF wing mirrors
Different front bumper
Racing exhaust
19" rears, 18" front (with darker treated mags). The standard will be 17" front and 18" rears (mags will be lighter)
CF treatment over the digital display, the gear button bezzle, the strip in the dash will have CF treatment and will read Launch Edition
A limited edition aluminum plate to state your car number out of 1000
A 1:18 exact replica model car of the 4C you are buying (this model serial number will match you car's serial number)

·
Registered
446 Posts
008 said:
They haven't even started production yet guys.... For now they are only building pre-production examples.
I understand it must be frustrating being in the US and not being able to know anything about the car...but partly they haven't decided and also they think (rightly or wrongly) that by not releasing too much info they are creating a buzz and everybody talking about it! It seems like they are achieving their aim ;)

PS As others have said, the car can't be ordered yet in Europe, they haven't disclosed price and options so you are far from being alone! Wait until they at least present the car in the US in November in LA...

·
Registered
36 Posts
simonb said:
Launch edition is ordered in Europe, and has disclosed price and options
Correct.

deppi0, take a look at the post Kaliber made on the first page, this has been out since March. Also, I received an email a while ago from AR saying production has begun....

·
Registered
446 Posts
008 said:
simonb said:
Correct.

deppi0, take a look at the post Kaliber made on the first page, this has been out since March. Also, I received an email a while ago from AR saying production has begun....
Sorry guys let me clarify.... The standard edition is not for sale in Europe so nobody knows anything about it in Europe. I have bought an LE so I know about that one ;-)

Production has only begun for the pre-production vehicles from what I was told by AR in Italy but that will change pretty soon as full production should start latest by mid-July unless they have some issues with the pre-productions models.

·
Registered
642 Posts
deppi0 said:
008 said:
simonb said:
Correct.

Sorry guys let me clarify.... The standard edition is not for sale in Europe so nobody knows anything about it in Europe. I have bought an LE so I know about that one ;-)

Production has only begun for the pre-production vehicles from what I was told by AR in Italy but that will change pretty soon as full production should start latest by mid-July unless they have some issues with the pre-productions models.
Deppi0 is correct..

No details on the standard car has been released by Alfa yet.. This will be happening very soon..

And production for the 4C Launch Editions will start in the next few days. All serial numbers have been allocated to the LE cars so buyers will soon know what their car's serial numbers are (well those buyers who don't know their numbers already :p )

·
Registered
82 Posts
Price for Standard edition may not be out yet, but TBH I cannot see that there is more than £5K's worth of tat on the LE, which will put the standard one at £47K ish; cannot see it below £45K even with steel wheels and grey plastic bumpers

·
Registered
36 Posts
[/quote]
All serial numbers have been allocated to the LE cars so buyers will soon know what their car's serial numbers are (well those buyers who don't know their numbers already :p )
[/quote]

Except for in the US where the dealers don't even know what a Launch Edition is!

·
Registered
446 Posts
All serial numbers have been allocated to the LE cars so buyers will soon know what their car's serial numbers are (well those buyers who don't know their numbers already :p )
[/quote]

Except for in the US where the dealers don't even know what a Launch Edition is!
[/quote]

Guys, they don't know what the car is in the US... It will be presented in November in LA! Before that time I doubt that any dealer in the US will know anything.
Just enjoy the news coming out of Europe :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts