Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

Maserati presents Nettuno: the new 100% Maserati engine that adopts F1 technology for a road car

5K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  OriginalForza 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
yes, i'm very happy that Ferrari is out of the picture. Maserati needs to sink or swim on its own going forward. i think they will do great

#6 ·
Came here to post this, and say what has been said... This fills me with hope for the future! Ha
Many have kinda 8-6'd the idea of a hybrid "e-turbo", yet here it is from the OEM in first generation form. Someone please invent a small supercapacitor for spooling turbos and powering sparkplugs (maybe a huge sparkplug, in a way...) So we can do away with heavy batteries and churn out 1kw+ v6's like hotcakes!

#15 ·
This is paired with an electric front axle ppl... FCA is after POWAH! And yes, this easily fits behind a custom subframe in a 4c, the chassis dimensions are not identical, but the "same".
Still, with a 79#hp Durango suv and the 807hp "super stock" challenger, it almost feels like Maserati needs a 1kw+ drivetrain to NOT get laughed at their own watercooler.
Things finally (holy f***... Better late than never, but still, it's like when Acura shat on Italy with the -only- NSX) upgraded with the QV's and F8/Pista-onwards, why is Fiat-related Italy so allergic to power? Can you imagine?
Benvenuto, 2021 MC20!
Nearly self-driving Durango SRT fires up, already a hundred thousand pre-orders
Qindi... emmm, Sorri, there-nothing to-a seea here... Gwow! Look at sister companies! Very nice! Please, buy Maserati. Very sexy, no? Limited edition! (No shit) buy now while we have department to fix de issues!

Come on Maserati. 800hp+ or bust, and keep the weight under 4,000 lbs, this time. Then that oddly high price (and record setting depreciation) will make a little more sense.

I've actually earmarked a few $30k granturismo coupe to toss a roof rack and a tow hitch on... You know, to use around my town as I would a mule. Liberty walk widebody too, with fat subaru WRX tires. It would fit the new demographic just perfect!

#17 ·
Very nice engine. Cool F1 tech. Despite the width, the height and length of the engine is actually very compact. Even though it might not fit a 4C, I'd love to see cool tech like dry sump make it to the 4C :)

From the patent filing, it looks like a close collaboration with Ferrari, with half of the inventors from Ferrari.

Ciao

#18 ·
I am saving money for it:LOL: Finally some real product from Maserati. I used to have a QP (last Gen) it was my daily and drove 90k km and engine blew. Every 3 months i had to go back to dealership to get something fixed. Multiple broken sifter (the little stick borrowed from Ferrari) Multiple broken door linkage (so I had to open the driver side window in order to open the door from outside), and some many other stuff. BUT, it must be the best car I have ever had, when it was in right condition.

#22 ·
Agree.
Is anything today 100% pure anything?
The 4C is one of the most unique vehicles out today...and yet many parts are shared (even if modified). I am sure I can also find some FIAT parts in a Ferrari, GASP!! Even most watch brands use 'common' movements, fridge manufactures share compressors/components, same with high end Hi-Fi audio, etc, etc.

Just broke into a cold sweat thinking about the perfect 'future' car as I was writing the above.
Far from 100% Single House Manufacturing, but maybe:
Design = Pininfarina
Suspension = Lotus
Interior = Maserati/Bentley
Power = Tesla type (I did say FUTURE lol)

#26 ·
Haha orders are dealer specific for their "promised" allocations from FCA, but no, this is a friend of a friend that decided against a model plus two type thing. If by juice you mean im drunk on their koolaid then definitely... It's a love/hate relationship at this point - I wish I were able to say it was an 8C instead of an MC. If it isn't $300k then I'd trade (lol no i wouldn't) the 4c for it and rebadge AR like some Beemer "M" upgrader.
Don't worry, I'll make sure there's enough exhaust pipes of the right shape!

Real Talk: I'm having sudden issues finding a way into Europe... This might not happen. Anyone with a private jet and that "priority visa" I apparently suddenly need? Missing this will maybe make me cry. No one wants to see that. But seriously, I'll see if I can get another entry or two if someone has this in time for the 9th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.