Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

I am taking my RHD 4C to France in a few days and was hoping to find in the manual where on the headlamps you need to mask to avoid dazzling oncoming cars. Needless to say there's nothing in there.

Anyone on here done this already / knows where to mask / taken pix of the headlamps masked?

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Greetings all.

I am taking my RHD 4C to France in a few days and was hoping to find in the manual where on the headlamps you need to mask to avoid dazzling oncoming cars. Needless to say there's nothing in there.

Anyone on here done this already / knows where to mask / taken pix of the headlamps masked?

Thanks
Rick
Obviously there is no need to mask the headlights, but you can adjust them. It is described in the manual under ADJUSTING THE
HEADLIGHTS ABROAD - page 40 in my copy.

Have fun in France.....

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Greetings all.

Thanks
Rick
Other cars will be dazzled by you because you drive a 4C.

·
Registered
9 Posts
reviving an old thread, can any one point me in the right direction here, RHD 15 4c - will be driving extensively in Europe and need to adjust headlights.
i have looked on page 40 and nothing there (maybe US version) can any one assist
thanks
mike

·
Super Moderator
15,391 Posts
This was from a UK owners' manual that I scooped from Alfa's website in 2014.
As I do not have this style headlight, that's about all I can tell you.

That said, although it was supposed to be a UK manual it shows a left hand drive car in all of the canned interior "what is located where" photos.

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks again, i appreciate your time and assistance -the plot thickens! one presumes i have to cover the light accordingly. any one else offer anything?

·
Registered
60 Posts
In 2015 the spider-style headlights came in 2 versions - xenon beams or as an option Bi-LED headlights (in Europe). From how I understand the manual they have to be adjusted in different ways when going abroad. The direction of the xenon beams can be adjusted as shown on p. 40 - no covering required. But the Bi-LEDs have to be covered.
I wasn't aware of this difference and considered both simply as beams. The diameter of the lights isn't huge, so it appears to be difficult to chose the best dimension for the covering. At the end there might not be much light left.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts