Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2017 BG Coupe/AW 280/AW Blocks/Gale Uniballs/15-25 Otis/215-245 4s/Maxton
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - I'm interested in getting feedback from those that have installed the Maxton front splitter and sideskirts. My coupe is standard height (race suspension), and when test-fitting yesterday, the splitter adds about an inch or so. I'm worried about real-world clearance, and before I install it, would like to hear from those who have had it for a while.

I'm using rubber sleeved wellnuts instead of the supplied hardware.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
No guts, no glory. 😉

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Maxton front splitter installed with stock suspension height. I haven't had any problems as of yet and I'm running the car through the mountains of North Georgia. The car seems to be more stable at higher speeds.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
That train of thought just costed me a zender front carbon blade on the fine streets of Brooklyn NY , there's nothing like hearing a crunch and watching 1500 floating in the air behind you in your side mirror
I feel your pain,
I took out an intercooler in my last car in Shitadelphia. With our roads, and my driveway, I won't lower my 4C or attach anything that does, anymore than stock on the non race suspension.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I had a GT3 Aerokit on my last car, and I either knew the roads intimately or did Google street views of intersections and lot entrances before every damned excursion... and still took off two front lip spoilers.

Even aero for the track would be great if it was modular/removable and/or cheapo to repair/replace.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have the Koshi lip which hangs down about the same as the Maxton. I’ve had it on for about 3 years on stock suspension and never once scraped it. As long as you’re careful and know your limits, taking appropriate entry/exit angles, you’re fine.

I’ve even recently installed KW coilover and lowered the car an additional 5/8” or so and it’s still fine. I’ve only been driving with the coilovers for a couple weeks though.

Just go for it, you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
3 weeks ago , lets just say another is on the way thanks to Matt @Alfa9 Supply , just so you know the zender tax is real 1k shipped for 1 peace of carbon , felt like someone put a galvanised roofing nail through my foreskin. Thats the price for sexy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,407 Posts
3 weeks ago , lets just say another is on the way thanks to Matt @Alfa9 Supply , just so you know the zender tax is real 1k shipped for 1 peace of carbon , felt like someone put a galvanised roofing nail through my foreskin. Thats the price for sexy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks so much for the mental image. I WAS having a late breakfast. 😧

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interestingly the OEM rubber “spoiler”that is under the front bumper is stapled to the composite. It’s a bit of a pain to take off and has to come off if you are going to put an aftermarket spoiler on. It measures about an inch vertically. The Maxton is about 1 3/4 inch vertically so the net difference is about 3/4 inch to 1 inch from stock. I’m going for it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh. I’m also using rubber wellnuts to absorb some vibration, and also allow for easy removal and reinstalling.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bagged?!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts