Some pictures of my installation and the finished product. I used self tapping screws for each hole as a pilot. Then I removed them, enlarged the hole for the wellnut and put them in. The kit is well made, and the side skirts fit perfectly. The front splitter was a little (1/4 inch) on both sides but I evened them up before bolting everything in. I like the look and the splitter looks it will actually have some aero benefit. The Maxton logos on each piece are raised stickers and I pulled them off for a cleaner look. What do you think?
What you write about the OEM rubber is correct, but not as relevant as you make it out to be. My OEM rubber strip underneath the car scrapes quite often, even during normal city driving. But that happening has no negatives other than the annoying sound (unless you really rip it out!). On the other hand scraping the spoiler would have very different consequences.Interestingly the OEM rubber “spoiler”that is under the front bumper is stapled to the composite. It’s a bit of a pain to take off and has to come off if you are going to put an aftermarket spoiler on. It measures about an inch vertically. The Maxton is about 1 3/4 inch vertically so the net difference is about 3/4 inch to 1 inch from stock. I’m going for it!
I had my first scrape - but it was because I was trying to figure out the limits on a steep part of my driveway. Lucky I was going 0.000025 mph. Rivnuts are def the way go - if I remove the pieces, I'll just re-install the rivnuts to fill the holes. With the Maxton, I now have a little over 3.5 inches of clearance - so being careful is a must. The car looks awesome!I also have been running the Maxton front splitter and sides. Fitment is pretty good. Does lower you a bit. No issues. I have scraped a couple times buuuut doesn’t hurt so much knowing it’s not carbon ahahahahah. The kit comes with self tapping screws which I did not use, went with rivnuts.