Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milltek Sport exhausts are very keen to develop exhaust systems for the 4c and as the company I work for are a Milltek dealer, they have asked if my car can be used as the development car for exhaust systems.
To get an idea of what systems and options would be popular could you post what you would like to see available and any thoughts.
Tail pipe style, resonated or non resonated, valved or not valved, sports cat or de-cat.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Titanium is where there’s room in the market. Anything else is well catered for but 4C owners are very weight obsessed and do like high end materials.
With a stainless valved cat back, you would just be taking Quicksilver head on over a small market.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Believe Miltek was the oem supplier for the VXR220 exhausts? They're very good quality....

Reactions: ianrm

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Im not sure why anyone would spend so muc money on high end metals for our exhaust , especially with center exit set ups , its literally 3 to 4 feet of pipe straight up to turbo , spend 2k on that for what exactly ,save 3 pounds tops . I just dont see it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Im not shopping for anything regarding exhaust , i was simply saying the systems seem very expensive for the amount of material ,i did mine custom from cat back for 600 dollars to center exit and its glorious

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
This is another factor for anyone contemplating getting into the 4C aftermarket - it an enthusiasts car.. a petrol heads dream toy. Many will improvise, adapt and innovate themselves. I wouldn’t bother unless you plan something game changing, either in the specification or the price point.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would offer something that is dual resonated to the factory side exits. Not everyone wants center exit exhaust but it seems like that is all the rage and hype for some reason. Its a crowded market space.

Also not everyone wants a loud exhaust. Dual mufflers/resonators to the side factory exits would be great. Since nothing like that is really on the market for a reasonable price, I’m building my own. I would’ve loved to have bought something already developed but all the options basically follow the trend of center exit Or if its side exit theres no muffler.

·
Registered
61 Posts
if It’s just a few feet of straight pipe why is it 2k?
Everything after the downpipe should be 1000 or less especially if its center exit. Dual to the Oem exits I can see being a little more if they incorporated dual mufflers.

After having exhausts that require MUCH MUCH more material than the 4C, yet are half the price, I cannot in anyway imagine how an aftermarket production exhaust for this car can be so damn expensive. The exhuast for the fiat 500 abarth is the same price as the 4C (from the same manufacturer) even though its twice as long. We’re being taken for a ride because our car is “expensive”.

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV
549 Posts
Here's a slightly different take on a very good point:
Make a sub-$500 titanium center exit end (merely a foot or two of split pipe with hangers and graduated cones) with a blast pipe style like L Diablo 6.0.
I'd also weigh an option like a "specialty exit", something that belongs with the 4c's unique ethos, sub-$500. I'm seeing like TVR Sagaris slashed tips, or a pit of matte snakes. If the JDM crowd can do it, why "Alfa tax" a product into a "oh we sold a handful because pricing to afford our sound engineers, etc BS" thing? Just make the good, cheap one, or a crazy seductive one that few have, imho.

If Miltek wants to come to market this late (a discontinued, rare model), bring something wild and different, and sell a bunch because it's the cheapest option that isn't a waste of money and better than a local welder, or because it's painfully beautiful and crafted to excellence, with a limited supply and signed by Nicola Romeo's reanimated corpse.

·
Registered
61 Posts
View attachment 111528 Here's a slightly different take on a very good point:
Make a sub-$500 titanium center exit end (merely a foot or two of split pipe with hangers and graduated cones) with a blast pipe style like L Diablo 6.0.
I'd also weigh an option like a "specialty exit", something that belongs with the 4c's unique ethos, sub-$500. I'm seeing like TVR Sagaris slashed tips, or a pit of matte snakes. If the JDM crowd can do it, why "Alfa tax" a product into a "oh we sold a handful because pricing to afford our sound engineers, etc BS" thing? Just make the good, cheap one, or a crazy seductive one that few have, imho.

If Miltek wants to come to market this late (a discontinued, rare model), bring something wild and different, and sell a bunch because it's the cheapest option that isn't a waste of money and better than a local welder, or because it's painfully beautiful and crafted to excellence, with a limited supply and signed by Nicola Romeo's reanimated corpse.
I’m with him ☝

·
Registered
423 Posts
Something like these??

Bastuck with european approval

AR_4C-T100RS_KA_oL-1518532130.jpg

Inoxcar with also approval

al4c0210ra.jpg

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Big diameter pipe is great for high rpm but at low rpm the gases slow down and pileup.

I had an idea to improve flow characteristics of the exhaust to improve torque. It would improve sound too. Make it special.

The idea is a 3” pipe from turbo but with a 1.5” branch coming off it and butterfly valve in the 3” pipe after that branch.
At low rpm, the ecu runs the exhaust entirely through the small pipe, improving flow.
As the rpm rise and exhaust gases increase, the valve opens in proportion to engine speed to maintain perfect flow, and when you decelerate, it closes, again maintaining perfect flow characteristics.

As you accelerate, the sound would modulate and the tone would change, not just the pitch and volume. Could be interesting and titanium offers us to add extra pipes without weight penalty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My "updated" magnaflow is cracked. So im in whatever Milltek is making.

Big tips looks the best (4.5") Side exit imo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts