Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow 4c owners have any of you successfully been able to use the new Alfa Connect App that came out this week? I was forced to migrate from Alfa Connect but it seems the new App does not recognize 4c Vins and only works for Gulia and Stelvio models. I have a 2022 QV and when I logged in in that came up with history immediately but I have been unable to add my 4c to "my garage" and my service history is lost.

Alfa has a history of less than great apps. So am not surprised but am disappointed that we're moving backwards

Curious to know if anyone has had a similar experience

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,569 Posts
Fellow 4c owners have any of you successfully been able to use the new Alfa Connect App that came out this week? I was forced to migrate from Alfa Connect but it seems the new App does not recognize 4c Vins and only works for Gulia and Stelvio models. I have a 2022 QV and when I logged in in that came up with history immediately but I have been unable to add my 4c to "my garage" and my service history is lost.

Alfa has a history of less than great apps. So am not surprised but am disappointed that we're moving backwards

Curious to know if anyone has had a similar experience
I’d give Alfa a call and tell ‘em the issue you have. I wonder if they even realise that there’ll be owners with older 4Cs who also own a current model?

· Registered
134 Posts
Hello,

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would like to investigate your concern. Please share your contact details and VIN with us at [email protected], so that we look into this for you.

Lex
Alfa Romeo Cares

Reactions: RKBerta and Sir5n

· Registered
134 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this.We’re trying to understand which app you are referring to, whether if the new “Alfa Romeo” app or the old “Alfa Connect” app. Can you please post a screenshot of the app icon with it’s title so we can better help answer any questions you may have about the app

Thank you,

William
Alfa Romeo Cares

Reactions: Alfanut

· Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
354 Posts
Just to add some more confusion to the mix, be aware that FCA/Stallantis has a very uncoordinated app strategy.
I say this because I happen to have 4 FCA vehicles (2 Alfas, 1 Fiat and 1 Jeep (grand Wagoneer).
The Wagoneer and Alfa Appa are distinct and will NOT let you load all your FCA vehicles in the garage (e.g. an Alfa VIN lookup fails in the Wagoneer app) - and yet, my FIAT did show up in the Wagoneer app.
More significantly, while the apps are mostly distinct, the authentication is NOT. They all use FCA in the background, so if you use the same email on these, you MUST also use the same password, because in fact it is the same identity account and provider.

Frankly, it’s a bit of a mess. I’m in the software industry (for over 30 years) and it’s pretty clear that they have some work to do to get a cohesive multi-brand strategy into a common framework.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts