Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you guys are track veterans but for me last week was the beginning of a new era.

I spent the whole day in Monza, on THE track and it was a blast. At first I was scared, mostly for my car and for the other drivers but after the third shift I was just super excited, concentrated and exhausted. A great feeling all in all!!

During the track day, you can purchase as many shifts of 25 minutes each as you want. Each costs 70 euro, plus 5euro for the helmet. There is a short video briefing and then all ready for the ‘race’. The 10am shift was not busy, 15-20 cars.
The second shift was already busier but the last shift at 2pm was just too crowded. Too much traffic and eventually a bastard with an Ariel, thinking he was Verstappen, overtook me at 250kmh+ right before the curve, didn’t control the car, flew out on the Variante Ascari and raising a mess of gravel that hit the front of the 4C, leaving a bunch of chips in my red paint (anyone has a good suggestion on what to tell the insurance to TRY to get them repaint me the nose, without mentioning I was on a track…?).
Beside this unlucky 3 seconds all went smooth and I felt in love with the noise and smell of the car.
Happy to get some hints from the experts!

I can only add this:
  • I did each time 1-2 laps as fast as I could and then a few laps very slow for cooling down
  • Porsches overtook me from left and right, and 30% of the participants had a Porsche
  • I could count other four 4Cs
  • I did my best…
  • I bought a pair of Sparco shoes and think I will also use them at home as daily flip flops
  • The guy with the Ariel destroyed the manifold when he drove out… revenge.

can’t wait to track again next year, now it’s time for my baby to enter winter modus
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Font Display device Rectangle Electronic device Multimedia

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a great day - really happy for you! What size and type of Michelins are you running? How did they perform out there?
Yep a great day for a beginner!! Michelin P sport 4 205/40r18 and 235/35r19
They did perform very well for my basic standards! I even selected the yellow Race mode and never had a single problem.
I am sure the limit of the car/tires is way above my limits but didn't want to exceed hehehe

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm leaning toward the Michelins too. Many have reported how much better they are then the OEM Pirellis. Have you done any modifications to the suspension on your car or is it stock?
100% stock. And yes, I changed to Michelin because of some older posts on this forum! Am a good listener 😂

· Administrator
19,464 Posts
Wow - what an experience for your first track day! Monza :love::love::love:
Sorry about the idiot in the Ariel. That's harder to control on a large track with open lapping.
As a next step in your tracking journey, you might consider joining in a private track day somewhere, which offers instruction. First off, they don't suffer fools like this, and second, in-car instruction will give you a really solid foundation to go explore the limits of the car safely and confidently.
Glad you enjoyed it. Taking the 4C on the race track where it belongs is very addictive, and incredibly rewarding.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow - what an experience for your first track day! Monza :love::love::love:
Sorry about the idiot in the Ariel. That's harder to control on a large track with open lapping.
As a next step in your tracking journey, you might consider joining in a private track day somewhere, which offers instruction. First off, they don't suffer fools like this, and second, in-car instruction will give you a really solid foundation to go explore the limits of the car safely and confidently.
Glad you enjoyed it. Taking the 4C on the race track where it belongs is very addictive, and incredibly rewarding.
Will definitely do so!!
And moreover I think Monza isn’t the best track for our cars. Long and fast straight lanes, very hard decelerations, long curves. I might go for a shorter and more curvy track next time. And with an expert sitting next to me I can only learn! Will give a shout to Fisichella, maybe he is free that day…😂

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,571 Posts
And moreover I think Monza isn’t the best track for our cars. Long and fast straight lanes, very hard decelerations, long curves. I might go for a shorter and more curvy track next time. And with an expert sitting next to me I can only learn! Will give a shout to Fisichella, maybe he is free that day…😂
No matter, you’ve been on the track driven by the greatest GP drivers of all time. Some of us can only dream of such things. Thank you for sharing your special day. 👍

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you drive to Monza and back to CH that day too or did you stay local?
Lugano - Monza is just a 50 minutes ride, but I eventually stayed in Milan overnight and from there it takes 30 minutes.
If anybody plans to go, since there is no way to buy tickets before the track day and you need to be there in person, the best is to go to early around 9-10 am to avoid the long queue and chaos afterwords.
Driving to Monza was fast, driving back it took me ages cause I was too tired hahaha and enjoyed a slow ride home.

· Registered
151 Posts
I have been tracking my LE since 2014 now and it is no fun to drive on long fast lanes with other brands that have double hp as our 4C. So I prefer rather shorter tracks with lots of curves and ups and downs. Here you can compete with any Porsche with respect to total lap time. The best and most challenging imo is in the middle of Germany, called Bilster Berg, located in some decent hills. You can find several videos on the web, even with a 4C (not mine). Including a difficult mouse trap as well as some huge hills with no chance to see beyond the top going up there at >200 km/h. But you must be prepared that after a race day (about 30 laps) you need new tires and new muscles in your lower arms ;-)

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have been tracking my LE since 2014 now and it is no fun to drive on long fast lanes with other brands that have double hp as our 4C. So I prefer rather shorter tracks with lots of curves and ups and downs. Here you can compete with any Porsche with respect to total lap time. The best and most challenging imo is in the middle of Germany, called Bilster Berg, located in some decent hills. You can find several videos on the web, even with a 4C (not mine). Including a difficult mouse trap as well as some huge hills with no chance to see beyond the top going up there at >200 km/h. But you must be prepared that after a race day (about 30 laps) you need new tires and new muscles in your lower arms ;-)
hahaha well mine were hurting after 2 laps.. can only imagine after 30!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts