Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you live near this concourse event which will be next week you may want to check it out as it features the cars of Zagato which means there will be some awesome ALFAs included like the TZ1 in the poster. TZ1 and TZ2s have always been among my most lusted after ALFAs.

Sorry about the rotated picture...forgot to rotate the camera :wink2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
If you live near this concourse event which will be next week you may want to check it out as it features the cars of Zagato which means there will be some awesome ALFAs included like the TZ1 in the poster. TZ1 and TZ2s have always been among my most lusted after ALFAs.

Sorry about the rotated picture...forgot to rotate the camera :wink2:
I share your lust for TZs. Never been fortunate enough to see one in the metal, only in pics/videos. I’d say to everyone, if you’re in the area or can make it to the event, do yourself the favour. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had an acquaintance back in California (Marnix Delenius) that has one....red with green nose marking. That is how the race team kept track of the cars on track....different colors of stripe across nose. Marnix has run that car in vintage events for years. His car was featured in the video about race ALFAs in the TV series "Victory By Design". That video is a "must have" for any ALFA fanatic. Aluminum body with 1600 cc twin plug race engine. Cars won at Daytona and many other tracks. When it and the Ferrari 250 GTO were being sold....you could buy 4 GTOs for the price of one TZ1!

One of my best memories is the year that Cobra was the featured marque at the annual Laguna Seca vintage races which is same time as Pebble Beach. They pulled an engine from an ALFA GTV trans am racer, put it in the TZ1 and had the car driven by the owner of that TA GTV. They ran it against all the Cobras and real Daytona coupes. The TZ1 ran away from the Cobras ;-) Of course it wasn't a real race but was very satisfying to see the looks on the Cobra fan boys faces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts