Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I just joined the 4C Forum as I reaffirmed my enthusiasm for the car. I originally bought a gently used 2015 Rosso 4C in 2018 with a little over 4K miles. At that time I was driving a ‘17 GT350 based in my second home in Fort Myers FL. I autoX that car and generally liked it a lot. Early in ‘18, I bought a motorcycle from my son who was starting a business and family. Since garage space is notorious for being compact in FL, there was no way that bike was going to fit in the existing unit.

As much as I liked the GT350, it was not very agile for autoX since it is a rather large platform. I stumbled upon the Rosso 4C and realized this little car could be a solution in terms of agility and in its compact dimensions. It happen to be nearly 3 feet shorter than the GT350! Made a deal with the listing dealer, Darin @ Black Horse Motors, Naples FL. I quickly fell in favor of this little rocket! Prolly the best vehicle short of a Moto in traffic, and simply exudes a fun character. Fast forward to Sebring, Jan of this year, where I put the little tail wagger into the wall at corner 10. Repaired the car, and decided to sell it as I was not happy with panel gaps.

I ended up buying a 992 911 base coupe. PDK, fast, numb, and tech overload. While it fit in the garage with the bike; what a disappointing car. IMO, a 981 Boxster (had one prior to the GT350) is a much more pure experience. Neither compare though to the 4C as a fun car. So I ended it with the 911 before it barley begain, much to the chagrin of my wife...

Happy again to be part of the 4C family and indeed an under appreciated car. Something that we can enjoy now as it becomes a future classic. While my route was an expensive effort, no regrets. Attached is a pic of my Alfa with my other cars in my garage in Green Bay.
F11243E7-DAAA-41BD-91A7-C4DA5619BBA0.jpeg

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome (back)! How often do you think you'll take this future classic back on the track? It's been weighing on my mind recently...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome (back)! How often do you think you'll take this future classic back on the track? It's been weighing on my mind recently...
I plan on autoX it next year, no plans to track it. My experience at Sebring was chaos in terms of not knowing the track and just went at it. I liken it to jumping on a merry go round at full speed. These cars are pretty balanced in terms of front and rear grip, the key is of course to not upset the rear, which is very easy with its hair trigger throttle and boost profile.

·
Super Moderator
15,391 Posts
Welcome back!
Happy to have you back here, and in the 4C family.

Enjoy your rekindled Italian romance!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Your garage is as big as my industrial unit 😢

·
Registered
150 Posts
What do you think of that F355? It was on my list for a while, but got hooked on the 4C instead...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Welcome back Shawnskii - glad to see that common sense prevailed in the end.

The two chairs on your photo are facing the wrong way if you truly want to appreciate the beautiful lines of your 4C. Luckily I don't have that sort of problem in my garage - no room for chairs and only room for two cars.

You have a nice toy-box there.

Cheers,

Alf.

·
Registered
114 Posts
"Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in!" LOL

Welcome back... and I thought the same thing... is that a Pinto? And what are your thoughts on the F355?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Welcome! Nice variety of cars. I hope you enjoy the Alfa for a longer time with the new car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello, I just joined the 4C Forum as I reaffirmed my enthusiasm for the car. I originally bought a gently used 2015 Rosso 4C in 2018 with a little over 4K miles. At that time I was driving a ‘17 GT350 based in my second home in Fort Myers FL. I autoX that car and generally liked it a lot. Early in ‘18, I bought a motorcycle from my son who was starting a business and family. Since garage space is notorious for being compact in FL, there was no way that bike was going to fit in the existing unit.

As much as I liked the GT350, it was not very agile for autoX since it is a rather large platform. I stumbled upon the Rosso 4C and realized this little car could be a solution in terms of agility and in its compact dimensions. It happen to be nearly 3 feet shorter than the GT350! Made a deal with the listing dealer, Darin @ Black Horse Motors, Naples FL. I quickly fell in favor of this little rocket! Prolly the best vehicle short of a Moto in traffic, and simply exudes a fun character. Fast forward to Sebring, Jan of this year, where I put the little tail wagger into the wall at corner 10. Repaired the car, and decided to sell it as I was not happy with panel gaps.

I ended up buying a 992 911 base coupe. PDK, fast, numb, and tech overload. While it fit in the garage with the bike; what a disappointing car. IMO, a 981 Boxster (had one prior to the GT350) is a much more pure experience. Neither compare though to the 4C as a fun car. So I ended it with the 911 before it barley begain, much to the chagrin of my wife...

Happy again to be part of the 4C family and indeed an under appreciated car. Something that we can enjoy now as it becomes a future classic. While my route was an expensive effort, no regrets. Attached is a pic of my Alfa with my other cars in my garage in Green Bay. View attachment 110715
Welcome! Is that a Factory Five Daytona 500? That car has always been on my 'list'. Killer collection (no pun intended per the Pinto..haha).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in!" LOL

Welcome back... and I thought the same thing... is that a Pinto? And what are your thoughts on the F355?
My ‘15 4c convinced me of the virtues Italian cars, and I bought this last year. The 355 is actually very refined in terms of ride and drive. Its a 1st gen F1 trans, and it’s simply sublime combined with fpc 3.5 V8. I added a Capristo 3 exhaust and it sounds as good as it drives.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts