Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,675 Posts
My take is that these cars are already a bargain at the $10-20k off sticker most people pay for new. Even at full sticker Alfa probably lost money on every car sold - there is a reason you can't buy a car with a hand laid carbon fiber chassis for less than six figures. I'm as value oriented as anyone but you'll forget all about a couple grand here or there when that car is in your garage, they are special vehicles. You would be a in better mood today if you had one ;-)
Totally...totally agree...they are a ridiculous bargain...(45-50k...on a virtually new car....you are stealing them!) personally I'm glad it's not fully discovered yet 🤫
Gold stars to both of you!

There is no statistically relevant market for these cars. From the first launch, prices for new ranged from $20,000 over MSRP to slight discounts. New spiders have still been all over the map in the last few years - selling at list to $20K below! The used market is no different. And that is not even taking into account the few expensive options like Akra exhaust or carbon coupe roof (which, I'm sure, active shoppers carefully consider, but casually looking at the "market" might miss the differences).

I still maintain that if you're that concerned about getting the very best deal car out there, you should probably shop for a different brand. Alfas are bought from the heart, not the head. They are neither an investment, nor practical transportation. Think of them instead, as therapy. Would you search around the country for a doctor and compare prices and reviews for the absolute best value, or simply get a good one to mend you?

The 4C is by far the dumbest purchase that I ever made. And one of the very best at the same time. Heck, I bought two! I don't regret a penny spent on either one, and my opinion is that I'd be a lot poorer If I had saved a few thousand by waiting a year to buy one.

·
Super Moderator
13,675 Posts
As for the 2016's, all it takes it seems is two people who think that having a virgin car with full warranty is worth a significant premium, and for whom these have the exact options they want, to solve that problem! Used 2016's will be running out of warranty this year. A 4 year extension is what now - $4K +? (I think you can only get 3?)

Not sure that I would be that person. But to me that is still a deal for what you get!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can get extra 4 years 48K miles Mopar extended warranty for under $4K and 5 years /60K for $5K. Don’t call Mopar, call a dealer for a quote. If you are worried, keep it for a year or two and then you can cancel and get money back, prorated by miles/time left, whichever is less.

·
Registered
125 Posts
As for the 2016's, all it takes it seems is two people who think that having a virgin car with full warranty is worth a significant premium, and for whom these have the exact options they want, to solve that problem! Used 2016's will be running out of warranty this year. A 4 year extension is what now - $4K +? (I think you can only get 3?)

Not sure that I would be that person. But to me that is still a deal for what you get!
For anyone interested, my 2016 spider (Which is for Sale BTW) has a manufacturer's warranty good until October 2022 since its in-service date was 2018, so no need to buy extended warranty yet,

·
Registered
47 Posts
For anyone interested, my 2016 spider (Which is for Sale BTW) has a manufacturer's warranty good until October 2022 since its in-service date was 2018, so no need to buy extended warranty yet,
If your car was on the opposite coast (and available) when I was searching for mine I would have bought it immediately...that is a steal for a yellow one (extremely extremely rare color)....yours is the perfect example of what we are talking about--- try finding a loaded yellow Spider at that price with those miles...its the ONLY one available in the USA at the moment (the other is asking 55k)....if anyone is seeking yellow I suggest you jump on this car...extra warranty is icing on the [cannoli]

·
Registered
269 Posts
My 18 Spider had been sitting in the dealer's showroom for about 8 months when I went to see it. The sticker was just over $80k and I asked the salesman (former Indycar driver) what his best price was, he said "$62k" and the deal was made - I didn't try to beat him up for another dollar. I truly feel bad that Alfa stuck their necks out to produce a car like the 4C and then had to sell most of them at big discounts.

As 4Canada said the car is like therapy to me; now that I have to wait for a nice Ohio day to drive it I'm a little depressed - I have 4Ceasonal Affective Disorder!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I paid $52k for my 2017 with 100 miles on the clock. It’s loaded, too. All it is missing is the subwoofer and the carbon vents on the front fenders.

Sure, the dealer has/is replacing a bumper, dash, and window rubbers. All under warranty.

But I think it was a bargain. Plus, it has a lot of warranty left.

They’ve got three more left, too. Although the sales manager told me last week that it has pretty much been a feeding frenzy over the past few days.

Get ‘em while you can.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 18 Spider had been sitting in the dealer's showroom for about 8 months when I went to see it. The sticker was just over $80k and I asked the salesman (former Indycar driver) what his best price was, he said "$62k" and the deal was made - I didn't try to beat him up for another dollar. I truly feel bad that Alfa stuck their necks out to produce a car like the 4C and then had to sell most of them at big discounts.

As 4Canada said the car is like therapy to me; now that I have to wait for a nice Ohio day to drive it I'm a little depressed - I have 4Ceasonal Affective Disorder!
I know it's (basically) been said many times before but....hand built, Italian, limited production, carbonfiber monocoque, unassisted steering....come on...brand new for 62k...with a 4 year warranty...with looks that I feel are better than most modern Ferraris.....uhmmmm.....again I have to say 🤫 don't tell anyone....

·
Registered
47 Posts
They’ve got three more left, too. Although the sales manager told me last week that it has pretty much been a feeding frenzy over the past few days.

Get ‘em while you can.
That doesn't suprise me, when I went to my dealer for delivery they said they had 2 customers in line that had inquired within the past couple days saying they wanted the car (one had even left a $500 deposit) in the event I didn't take it...and they weren't bs-ing....I saw the paperwork!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Guys, these cars were very limited and a bargain from the beginning. Very soon the new stock will be all gone and prices will start to climb. I would suggest that if you find one you like now, try to negotiate a little and go for it. The availability of those cars are dropping. Get one while you can. You won’t regret it!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
A
Not for what they're asking, or they would have sold by now. It's literally been 5 model years. That's unheard of.
Five model years of the same model, bar the LE. Not all have been sitting in Texas sun waiting for an owner. Actually there can’t be too many left at all that are genuinely new. Due diligence and a feel for what is reasonable would be my recommendation for those wishing to join the 4C party. A lack of education of the buying public may also have something to do with it. Alfa hasn’t been too great at selling itself.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just a short impression from the European market: about a year ago there were close to 200 4C available (new, used, spider, coupe) in Europe (ex UK and Suisse). Recently that figure dropped below 100 with most of the brand new cars now sold (there are about 10 left). Prices have gone up since then; the lowest price period for untouched examples lasted until last autumn.
In one year the market will be emptied of good cars.

I paid full price for my LE and got 25% off the 90k sticker for my spider (both purchased new).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone have any leads on new 2018 coupe or very low mile 2018 coupe that is highly specced?
The new dealership in Boston has two new 4C's, Black and Madreperla with red leather. White one has all the options, the black one is missing the convenience group and they both have coupe track package 1. My giallo has track pack 2 which is all leather steering wheel no microfiber.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's the name of the dealer? Shoppers would probably appreciate a link.
There is no website yet. The dealership was just constructed and finished at the beginning of the month and they are not open just yet. As someone who looked long and hard for my perfect car I figured I'd notify people on here who are like me and looking for something specific, in my case yellow coupe with every option. These are new coupes and as well equipped as they come.

·
Registered
269 Posts
There is no website yet. The dealership was just constructed and finished at the beginning of the month and they are not open just yet. As someone who looked long and hard for my perfect car I figured I'd notify people on here who are like me and looking for something specific, in my case yellow coupe with every option. These are new coupes and as well equipped as they come.
I'm sure people appreciate the heads up but for anyone outside of Boston it's essentially a dead end with no address, phone number, website etc. I'm not seeing any coupes in that area on Autotrader, Cars.com or CarGurus so they are effectively unavailable.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts