Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, very nice. Can start to see more build quality detail. Rear spoiler area looks very well done. A little suspect on some of the gauges but overall a better idea of what to expect.

Mj

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Alfa Romeo have always been a little..well..haphazard with their build quality. An issue of form over function. Wiring diagrams used to be more of a suggestion as to where things should be, rather than where they actually were. And did anybody else use to suffer from dimmed headlights whilst at stop signs and traffic lights? :D

However they have picked up their game in recent years and build quality should be superb for a couple of reasons:
1. Maserati are putting the pieces together
2. The last thing AR need after a long absence from the USA is poor build quality

·
Registered
14 Posts
kaliber said:
Alfa Romeo have always been a little..well..haphazard with their build quality. An issue of form over function. Wiring diagrams used to be more of a suggestion as to where things should be, rather than where they actually were. And did anybody else use to suffer from dimmed headlights whilst at stop signs and traffic lights? :D

However they have picked up their game in recent years and build quality should be superb for a couple of reasons:
1. Maserati are putting the pieces together
2. The last thing AR need after a long absence from the USA is poor build quality
Kind of true, but a well sorted Alfa can be a great daily driver. The headlights dimming may have been caused by a bad alternator or voltage regulator on the older cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love it, yet there is going to be some "splaining to do" (in my Ricky Recardo voice) it has it all, light powerful engine, carbon fiber chassis, 0-60 4.5, but why did they drop the ball at the climate controls. They are not digital, they're analog, like in an old ford. There should be digits there or numbers to read. AND. I know that indash stereo. Its from a complany called Parrot. I was buying one for my 164. Its an iPhone indash unit. Does this car have Sat Nav? I just think at the expected price, one looks for these no brainer installs.
[hr]
Something like this...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Maybe AR made the dials manual because in their eyes it's easier to turn dials than swivel electric dials when wearing racing gloves :p

Plus you didn't think AR's woeful history with stereo head units would end with the 4C did you? The Parrot is an amazing piece of ****. I think they had to work hard to ensure they picked the worst head unit imaginable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LMAO! I like the parrot. And the dials, I realy want to find an image with + and - bottons.

Im just suprised that they went that deep in the basement to find that climate control system. I guess I can't expect perfection. And where it counts, the 4c delivers. Not like the corvette still using Leaf Springs. and Mustangs with straght axels. Nonetheless, I don't care, Im getting one.

kaliber said:
Maybe AR made the dials manual because in their eyes it's easier to turn dials than swivel electric dials when wearing racing gloves :p

Plus you didn't think AR's woeful history with stereo head units would end with the 4C did you? The Parrot is an amazing piece of ****. I think they had to work hard to ensure they picked the worst head unit imaginable.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dials on the climate control would not really be a deal maker / breaker for me. So long as it will de fog windscreen and keep it cool in summer I would not be massively bothered

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like the minimalist approach and find it less distracting setting an old style dial vs. a digital. I really don't need more that low, high, and freeking high.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Going to be more interested in how it drives than how it keeps warm or cool. Anyone out there know when the press are getting hold of some to drive?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Well production should start this month if things are going to plan. So bearing that in mind I'd say it's going to be a fair few months before the press get to drive one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts