Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my new engine cover, and loving it! Huge shout out to @designbybeau for the gorgeous design and excellent craftsmanship! The carbon fiber and aluminum feel solid, and are very well finished. I can definitely tell he put a lot of work into this.

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Light Automotive design

I took the Alfa to a Cars and Coffee Saturday morning, and a C8 Corvette driver noticed it under the glass and commented that "Alfa did it right with the engine being displayed, Chevy should have made the Corvette engine look like this."
I showed him it was a custom engine cover and he was really surprised.

Heard a couple other people talk about it when they were looking at the Alfa, and I was looking at some cars nearby. The cover definitely takes the exotic look of the 4C up a notch and make it stand out even more.

Also, I love how you can see it in the rearview mirror a little bit when driving. Even there it looks good!
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Gadget

Again, big thanks to Beau. Looking forward to your next design!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Uh. That's amazing. Are they available for purchase?

Reactions: Underground4C

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Looks awesome! I just jumped on getting one of the final ones Beau had available. Can’t wait to get it. It’ll look so good on white with all the red accents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks awesome! I just jumped on getting one of the final ones Beau had available. Can’t wait to get it. It’ll look so good on white with all the red accents.

Oh man, yeah, that'll look awesome with a white car. Definitely send pics when you get it in!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Installed my new engine cover, and loving it! Huge shout out to @designbybeau for the gorgeous design and excellent craftsmanship! The carbon fiber and aluminum feel solid, and are very well finished. I can definitely tell he put a lot of work into this.

View attachment 122119
View attachment 122120
View attachment 122122

I took the Alfa to a Cars and Coffee Saturday morning, and a C8 Corvette driver noticed it under the glass and commented that "Alfa did it right with the engine being displayed, Chevy should have made the Corvette engine look like this."
I showed him it was a custom engine cover and he was really surprised.

Heard a couple other people talk about it when they were looking at the Alfa, and I was looking at some cars nearby. The cover definitely takes the exotic look of the 4C up a notch and make it stand out even more.

Also, I love how you can see it in the rearview mirror a little bit when driving. Even there it looks good!
View attachment 122123

Again, big thanks to Beau. Looking forward to your next design!
show me more pics of that carbon roof, im considering wrapping mine.

also fighting myself to not order the engine cover, tho i want it bad

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Beau could walk into a very well paid job off the back of this. He identified a potential market, designed a product for it, put it into production, marketed it and is now selling them as quick as he can make them. I’m impressed to say the least. Corporations who turn over hundreds of millions a year with hundreds of staff rarely get it that spot on.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
I was looking at the pictures of the cover...there is some sort of a recessed well....but I can't see the stock CNC oil cap. Does that show or do you need to remove the cover to access that oil cap?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was looking at the pictures of the cover...there is some sort of a recessed well....but I can't see the stock CNC oil cap. Does that show or do you need to remove the cover to access that oil cap?
there is a large thread on the engine cover that would answer all questions but to answer this one directly… The recessed area you see is directly over the stock oil cap. You use the stock cap and stock mounting points.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
It’s accessible. But since the whole cover pops off so easily, I will definitely be advising any shops to remove it before doing any engine work. I’d hate for them to scratch any of it up, particularly the red aluminum portion trying to remove the oil cap.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
show me more pics of that carbon roof, im considering wrapping mine.

also fighting myself to not order the engine cover, tho i want it bad
Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Hood

Vehicle Land vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

I definitely like the look of the CF roof. This is the factory option CF roof, with PPF put on. Figured it'd be way less than repairing any rock chips on the CF (if even possible). I saw one at a car show with the CF wrap on the roof, and it looked really sharp and hard to distinguish from CF. They did a great job. Yeah man, definitely look at having the roof wrapped...and get that engine cover! The red accents definitely make the engine bay stand out under the glass.

·
Registered
822 Posts
View attachment 122186
View attachment 122187
View attachment 122188
View attachment 122189

I definitely like the look of the CF roof. This is the factory option CF roof, with PPF put on. Figured it'd be way less than repairing any rock chips on the CF (if even possible). I saw one at a car show with the CF wrap on the roof, and it looked really sharp and hard to distinguish from CF. They did a great job. Yeah man, definitely look at having the roof wrapped...and get that engine cover! The red accents definitely make the engine bay stand out under the glass.
looks awesome mine is grey tho, i had the roof wrapped black then it was perfect so took it off and had it sprayed black.. now im tempted for the carbon... and the engine cover i have ive done plenty of work on the engine bay too so i think a slight waste unless someone wants to by my cover :D

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Grille

my intake hose pipe on the top right is fully chrome now and my oil tank resovoir tank is c/f so i think the engine cover would look unreal

·
Registered
220 Posts
looks awesome mine is grey tho, i had the roof wrapped black then it was perfect so took it off and had it sprayed black.. now im tempted for the carbon... and the engine cover i have ive done plenty of work on the engine bay too so i think a slight waste unless someone wants to by my cover :D

View attachment 122190 View attachment 122191

my intake hose pipe on the top right is fully chrome now and my oil tank resovoir tank is c/f so i think the engine cover would look unreal
Very nice looking 4C, did you modify the hood

·
Registered
822 Posts
you own my favorite Basalt grey 4C I’ve seen online. I love your car. The black roof looks awesome. Please don’t wrap in “carbon fiber” vinyl. That would be an injustice to the car.
Thanks mate !!!

The painted black roof is flawless I must admit

The engine cover however I think will be a level above what i already have

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

View attachment 122190 View attachment 122191

Dude! That looks amazing!!! Yeah, like @thatarchitect said, the roof looks awesome, I wouldn't change it. The engine cover would really be perfect for it though. The red would really pop with the grey.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Dude! That looks amazing!!! Yeah, like @thatarchitect said, the roof looks awesome, I wouldn't change it. The engine cover would really be perfect for it though. The red would really pop with the grey.
i can confirm ive spoken with beau. and i am getting one of the last 2 available. i cant pay for another 2 weeks however so i wont get it anytime too soon.. but im keen!

·
Registered
822 Posts
whats everyones thoughts on maybe adding this to all those cut out spots

1 - 20 of 53 Posts