Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to [email protected] for another great product. Eurocompulsion silicone intercooler hose replacement.... similar to all the other high performance EC/HPSI silicone hoses I have used on my Abarth from intake, boost retention valve and various replacement hoses. :)

Very easy to install.
1. Jimmy open stock crimp clamp on either side of the stock hose with flat head screwdriver.
2. Most challenging part is breaking the seal of the hose on either side and wiggling off hose. I heated either side of the hose with a heat gun to make the rubber more pliable and then used a plastic pry tool to disconnect the hose off the coupler.
3. You can lube up the inside of the EC hose with a dab of oil or sex lube and the hose easily slides on. Tighten provided new worm clamps and good to go! Took less than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Great step by step on that. What benefits are associated with this?

I will go get the "sex lube" to complete the install.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What benefits are associated with this?

I'll let Chris post up the benefits and data for this in his official release thread.

Generic "sex lube" will do.... ;)
Ironically, this came in handy when a bunch of us installed a FMIC in our Abarths for a tight turbo inlet side hose.

·
Administrator
17,947 Posts
Great step by step on that. What benefits are associated with this?

Since I'm looking at this too, I'll suggest that the number one benefit is that you will only use a small amount of KY on this, and hence have a fair bit left to use as you see fit! :wink2:

But Chris at EC tells me that it is a more consistent diameter than the stock tubing, is smoother walled, and has a very low thermal conductivity (silicone). This is good for intake tubing in a tight, hot engine bay.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Windex. Cheaper, less awkward to buy, and dries up after a few minutes. It's way mo better.

Reactions: Docron

·
Registered
245 Posts
Your poor wife.
And there we have a top 10 post of this forum's existence.

I had swapped very flexible hoses on previous turbo cars. I look forward to seeing the advantages here. Eurocompulsion has impressed me with their service and communication on my ecu, so I am behind them!

·
Registered
472 Posts
What benefits are associated with this?
Benefits:

1. It will last the life of your car. The factory piece will likely develop cracks and fail in about 10 years.

2. It's much stronger and will be able to handle any amount of boost you could realistically put into this engine.

3. It looks really nice. I feel that the stock engine bay's appearance just doesn't live up the excitement set by the exterior appearance. This piece helps with that :)

4. It allows you to put your factory piece on a shelf and preserve it, in case "originality" ever becomes a big deal with this car.

5. It will offer a very small gain in performance due to flow and thermal barrier factors. It simply does a better job of keeping engine bay heat out of the air charge. That said, this is a small factor, it's nowhere near the bang for the buck that you would get with one of our silicone 4C intakes, or our tunes.

Greg

·
Administrator
17,947 Posts
Looks like Chris migt be updating the EC website with this new stuff (V1 and V2 intake piping) now. His site is offline at the moment.

Or, of course, there's always the possibility that the sweater had it hacked, out of jealousy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts