Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Happy to see there is an active and strong following for this car.

Purchased one last week and it is definitely a really fun car to drive and handles really well on track.

Already had it at Calabogie Motorsports Park and the car performed very well..

Will be changing a couple of things now that I have become more acquainted with it.

The exhaust is a custom catless and is way too loud, so want to convert back to stock.

Let me know if anyone has an OEM or Capristo Cat they want to sell.

Will also probably change the EC V2 intake back to stock, as its also not to my taste.

Here is a shot of the car on track last Sunday.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome and congrats! You'll find several Canadian-based track rats on this forum with 4C's!

·
Administrator
2,035 Posts
Glad you found the forum, and your 4C Catana. I'm running the Capristo, and highly recommend it. Consider the V1 intake, its almost stock level sound.

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
Welcome! Congratulations!
I suspect that was Colin's car? I heard that it sold.
Good choice.

Lots of tracking info here, and plenty of characters to share notes / experiences with.
I'll bet the 4C was the star of the event!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Good choice.

Lots of tracking info here, and plenty of characters to share notes / experiences with.

Enjoy!
Colin sold his 4C?

·
Administrator
2,035 Posts
Good choice.

Enjoy!
Colin sold? So no more photo shoots with Felicity👎

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yes, sold last week, and matches the description above, so I suspect it is one and the same.
damn...what did he replace it with?
met him only once on my way to my cousins restaurant in guelph....he pulled up behind me on my maiden 4C voyage with my younger daughter who quipped "thought these were so unique...DAD??" :unsure:

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
Catana, you might want to consider adding a high flow cat and resonator, instead of reverting to stock.
The Race exhaust is quite restrictive, and tends to heat the engine bay / air intake / intercooler and hoses quite a bit.
I have the GMS system, which I have to say is splendid. He's even tweaked it for us to allow the use of resonator and rear swaybar (was not always the case in his design). As that car (if it is the one I was thinking of) does not have the race or aftermarket suspension, that could be useful to you.

Novitec also makes a high flow cat and large diameter exhaust, which is priced similar to GMS. No resonator though, I believe. And some tracks are getting fussy about sound levels.

Whatever you go with, have it heat wrapped for best track performance.

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
damn...what did he replace it with?
met him only once on my way to my cousins restaurant in guelph....he pulled up behind me on my maiden 4C voyage with my younger daughter who quipped "thought these were so unique...DAD??" :unsure:
Camaro 1LE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Catana, you might want to consider adding a high flow cat and resonator, instead of reverting to stock.
The Race exhaust is quite restrictive, and tends to heat the engine bay / air intake / intercooler and hoses quite a bit.
I have the GMS system, which I have to say is splendid. He's even tweaked it for us to allow the use of resonator and rear swaybar (was not always the case in his design). As that car (if it is the one I was thinking of) does not have the race or aftermarket suspension, that could be useful to you.

Novitec also makes a high flow cat and large diameter exhaust, which is priced similar to GMS. No resonator though, I believe. And some tracks are getting fussy about sound levels.

Whatever you go with, have it heat wrapped for best track performance.
Thanks 4Canada will take a look at those options. Anyone use the madness high flow cat?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts