Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
70 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! That's a nice looking car. Enjoy the good driving weather we are experiencing in Texas! (I am in Austin)

Reactions: JohnnyU

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
@JohnnyU - Welcome to the Houston Owners Club! There are a number of us around the area that have 4Cs. I'm in the Tomball area, and periodically drive mine on the street. At the moment mine spends more time at the track (MSR Houston) than street, but if you ever want to get together (street or track) let me know. We have several owners (3 currently that I know of) that are members at MSR that drive them regularly there. Mine is heavily modified for track abuse. If you are thinking about modifying, I always suggest driving someone else's car that has those mods, so you know how it will change.

Cheers & Congrats!

Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Welcome to the forum @JohnnyU & congrats on your 4C.
Every time you sit in your 4C, you will have to repeat these words:
"I am not in the Miata, I am not in the Miata, I am not in the Miata".​
Failure to chant this mantra could lead to some interesting times when you explore the limits in your 4C, as even a standard tuned 4C has plenty of power and torque to get you into (and out of) trouble with the very different weight distribution that a mid-engined car has.
Have fun with your new wheels and welcome to the family.
Cheers,
Alf.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the forum @JohnnyU & congrats on your 4C.
Every time you sit in your 4C, you will have to repeat these words:
"I am not in the Miata, I am not in the Miata, I am not in the Miata".​
Failure to chant this mantra could lead to some interesting times when you explore the limits in your 4C, as even a standard tuned 4C has plenty of power and torque to get you into (and out of) trouble with the very different weight distribution that a mid-engined car has.
Have fun with your new wheels and welcome to the family.
Cheers,
Alf.
Thanks for the tip! Yup, you are very correct.. they are totally different machines! Got the mantra down 😉

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@JohnnyU - Welcome to the Houston Owners Club! There are a number of us around the area that have 4Cs. I'm in the Tomball area, and periodically drive mine on the street. At the moment mine spends more time at the track (MSR Houston) than street, but if you ever want to get together (street or track) let me know. We have several owners (3 currently that I know of) that are members at MSR that drive them regularly there. Mine is heavily modified for track abuse. If you are thinking about modifying, I always suggest driving someone else's car that has those mods, so you know how it will change.

Cheers & Congrats!
A friend of mine does karting out at MSR and was just mentioning I should check it out. Would love to come out there for a meet up!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Car Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle

Hi All, I was the lucky one to pick this 2015 Coupe from a very couple from CA. It accumulated only 10,489 miles, in mint condition, the previous owner had installed a Pioneer unit with a large pop-up screen and had it connected to a rear-view camera, this is a very nice add-on since this car's rear view is so obstructed.
The specs and option of this car are exactly what I wanted, I wouldn't anything more or less from this car.

I kept an E30 M3 for 31 years (yes, I was the first owner and I am older now) and finally decided to let it go after so many years of smile on my face while driving the M3. For 30 years, I had never lay eyes on any other car because I enjoy my E30 M3 every time I drive it. It was pure raw, full race, and without any modern drive-by-wire features like the modern cars in today's market. This year, I decided to let go of my M3 and did so!

When I first saw the photos and read about the Alfa 4C in 2014, immediately I had a change of heart! I know one day I would own one of the 4C. I saved, dream, pray, and told Santa I'd been a good boy every year so Santa answered my wish, and my lovely 4C came early for Christmas.

Over the last couple of years, I have been reading lots of 4C-related posts, watch videos about the 4C, follow news and technical info about the 4C, but when I first drive this car, I paused, think, hesitate, and pray because I have never driven a semi-automatic car. My E30 M3 was 5-speed manual, and my 986 Boxster is also a 5-speed manual. Silly me :)

Tomorrow I will take it out for the State Inspection, and then Monday I will start the Title transfer, and get the registration. I hope we the 4C owner in Houston will have a chance to get together for a cup of coffee and exchange ideas on our beloved 4C.

Happy Motoring and peace on the Road!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts