Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I call this more of a rescue than an acquisition. Picked this car up on Ebay - took a gamble that I could bring her back to um, er shall we say more original condition?

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

After 2 days in my garage with adhesive remover, and an orbital buffer, and some wrenches to remove the wing, I have uncovered a beauty (8 out of 10 condition).

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive parking light
Car Vehicle Tire Hood Wheel

Now, let the upgrades begin! Titan 7 wheels, quicksilver helmholtz exhaust, and a pogea (knockoff) rear wing should complete the visual transformation.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Yes! Glad to see this car getting the care it deserves. Well done!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey! Much better! Good for you. Will you be able to hide or reuse the wing attachment points with the new wing?
Unfortunately not, but the holes are small, I filled with bondo and will try to cover with touch up paint. Also have black vinyl circles that I can use to hide the patches if necessary.

·
Registered
769 Posts
If it really bothers you, you can have repaired or even possibly buy a used rear deck lid off a wrecked salvaged one. Seem to always be a few wrecked spiders on copart

·
Registered
229 Posts
Some people...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Chawumba and congrats on getting your 4C Spider.
I love that your idea of returning the car to original includes quote Titan 7 wheels, quicksilver helmholtz exhaust, and a pogea (knockoff) rear wing should complete the visual transformation unquote.:LOL:
How will you cope without all of that down-force from the rear wing until you can get the new one fitted?
Does the car have an engine tune and other suspension mods? Or are you considering those too?
Personally I didn't think that the car looked too bad before - not my taste, but each to their own.
Black 4C's look awesome when they have just been washed and polished. Washing and polishing a 4C is not that much of a chore compared to some other cars, so you will probably enjoy that routine.
Have fun getting to know your 4C.
Cheers,
Alf.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum @Chawumba and congrats on getting your 4C Spider.
I love that your idea of returning the car to original includes quote Titan 7 wheels, quicksilver helmholtz exhaust, and a pogea (knockoff) rear wing should complete the visual transformation unquote.:LOL:
How will you cope without all of that down-force from the rear wing until you can get the new one fitted?
Does the car have an engine tune and other suspension mods? Or are you considering those too?
Personally I didn't think that the car looked too bad before - not my taste, but each to their own.
Black 4C's look awesome when they have just been washed and polished. Washing and polishing a 4C is not that much of a chore compared to some other cars, so you will probably enjoy that routine.
Have fun getting to know your 4C.
Cheers,
Alf.
Ha, good point. I guess since I mod all my cars, I sort of think wheels and exhaust don't count😏.

Super excited about this car, after years of driving overpowered 2 ton vehicles, the rawness of the the 4C driving experience is exactly what I'm after. And unlike my last car (2019 Acura NSX) I'm grateful we have an active forum on which to share!

As much as I love the look of the 4C, those factory wheels are too skinny and the offsets are bizarre looking to me, so the Titan 7's were a no brainer. Additionallly, the back end of the spider at least is the only car in my 30 years of the hobby that I felt would actually benefit visually from a tastefully sized wing (plus I have to hide evidence of the previous 747 aircraft wing).

I vowed to never get another black car after my F type R. But as you say, as small and low as the 4C is, with a nice ceramic coating, it should be a relatively easy car to keep clean.

I'm hoping wider wheels and PS4 tires suffice for handling improvements. Other mods in the works, Antigravity ATX-30-HD battery, phase 3 EC tune, V2 intake, and Scara73 intercooler upgrade. Am I overlooking anything?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm hoping wider wheels and PS4 tires suffice for handling improvements...
Get your wheels in a size where you can get the PS4S tires - you won't be disappointed. :)

Reactions: Chawumba

·
Administrator
17,400 Posts
Welcome!
Congratulations on scoring a diamond in the rough.
Looks 100% better already, and we look forward to the rest of the transformation.

Enjoy it!

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
Thank you for saving a 4C and putting it back as a car that deserves to be driven so the public can appreciate it. Filling those wing holes would be extemely easy to do....just glass in the holes than smooth and blend in and repaint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for saving a 4C and putting it back as a car that deserves to be driven so the public can appreciate it. Filling those wing holes would be extemely easy to do....just glass in the holes than smooth and blend in and repaint.
Thanks, doing my best. Unfortunately, the wing was so large, and the trunk lid is pretty thin, so the stress of the bolts bowed and stressed cracked the fiberglass, so I have 4 ping pong ball diameter raised dimples in the deck. I'm doing my best to overlook them now, just filled the holes and hit with touch up paint - its not horrible.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
Thanks, doing my best. Unfortunately, the wing was so large, and the trunk lid is pretty thin, so the stress of the bolts bowed and stressed cracked the fiberglass, so I have 4 ping pong ball diameter raised dimples in the deck. I'm doing my best to overlook them now, just filled the holes and hit with touch up paint - its not horrible.
That is good information and a warning for those looking to do something similar to their cars. A wing puts a lot of stress on the lid. The correct way to install a large wing (not that I recommend it) is to build a sub structure that ties into the metal structure of the car....not the fiberglass.
By the way if you wanted to get it repaired correctly, any body shop used to working on a Corvette would find this a simple job. That would be much cheaper than buying the entire new part from ALFA.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm hoping wider wheels and PS4 tires suffice for handling improvements. Other mods in the works, Antigravity ATX-30-HD battery, phase 3 EC tune, V2 intake, and Scara73 intercooler upgrade. Am I overlooking anything?
I’d suggest the EC intercooler with welded end tanks. I think the Scara carbon end tanks may potentially be a weak point. ~$400 premium but might save some on shipping. I have also read that the Scara may need minor mods to factory air cover to fit but the EC cover is integrated and is plug n play.

Grille Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Gas Bumper
Home appliance Gas Auto part Technology Automotive design
Ok

1 - 20 of 26 Posts