Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a former 147GTA owner seriously contemplating placing a deposit - The 4C launch edition is supposedly due in Aus in Q1-2014 with the regular edition due Q2/Q3-2014.

The projected price in Aus is probably $20k south of what I was expecting so this is a pleasant surprise. However...I'm still getting over the shock of Geneva debut of the...frankly...bloody awful headlights. How could they?

I can't wait to see a review of the car though, and understand if (for the first time is a very long time) Alfa have managed to build a car that they haven't screwed up on some level. I'm a bit worried about the engine. I'm not a fan of the 1750TBI engine in the Giulietta QV. It's just not fizzy enough for a hot hatch. The engine is effective, but a bit soul-less for an Alfa engine. 6000 rpm redline? Meh. I'm hoping that if has a bit more character in the 4C. No doubt being 500kgs lighter will help quite a bit.

Would also be nice to know if I can get a week's groceries in it!

Looking forward to learning more.

RBH58

·
Administrator
587 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I too cannot wait for the first reviews to be published.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Welcome RBH. I Think we will all be pleasantly surprised at how well the 1750 works in the 4C. I currently drive the QV with a mapped motor, DP and filter and love the way this performs. Time will tell and I also really look forward to the reviews. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Giulietta QV was a big disappointment for me. Nice car but just not as exiciting as it should have been. Where's the Giulietta GTA?
Bought a Renaultsport Megane RS250 Cup instead (which is brilliant BTW), but it's due to be turned over around about the same time the 4C arrives in Aus. Mmmmm........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts