Votes: 12 22.6%
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am using this discussion to see what interest there is for some new mirrors. of course I have to take apart the mirror first to see if this is even possible with keeping motors working.

below is the first design, disregard the bumper and side skirts I was working on.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Alfa romeo 8c competizione Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am using this discussion to see what interest there is for some new mirrors. of course I have to take apart the mirror first to see if this is even possible with keeping motors working.

below is the first design, disregard the bumper and side skirts I was working on.
View attachment 120399 View attachment 120401 View attachment 120400 View attachment 120402
I think its a great idea , I was thinking a 1 piece carbon stem into mirror cap , the nice design you have shown may not accommodate the motor , using factory motor and factory mirror would keep the cost down ,basically shape the cap and stem around factory parameters

Definitely interested

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm torn. I like the original idea posted by @Samy but in looking more closely at it, that design would require moving the entire mirror higher on the door thus necessitating a new hole, probably a new motor and/or linkage, and then covering (and repainting) the existing hole. The design you've posted would use the existing hole and probably the motor, but the length of the mirror stalk is not sitting quite right to me. I think the proportions are off.

What about something more along the lines of a Pagani-style mirror?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Thats not that important in my opinion , not many guys street parking these

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thats not that important in my opinion , not many guys street parking these

True. But I fold my mirrors in my garage because of the missus parking next to the 4C.
I worry she'll knock them off with the shopping bags etc...passing by.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
True. But I fold my mirrors in my garage because of the missus parking next to the 4C.
I worry she'll knock them off with the shopping bags etc...passing by.
On purpose probably

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
Pagani style please, using the oem mount positions. I think a swivelling mirror cap would be an advantage over a non-swivelling one, even though I think I’ve only folded in mine once in five and a half years. A little ‘give’ in the assembly is more likely to avoid damage should you brush past something solid. I take it you would supply the reflector assembled in the mirror cap? Just making sure. Age has taught me to assume nothing.

·
Registered
506 Posts
On purpose probably

No. Which is the reason why I worry.

I have also stopped checking whether she has curbed her rims again.
I just accept that they are slowly being ground to metal shavings with each and every supermarket visit.....

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
No. Which is the reason why I worry.

I have also stopped checking whether she has curbed her rims again.
I just accept that they are slowly being ground to metal shavings with each and every supermarket visit.....
Its all part of the experience @Knievil

·
Registered
60 Posts
Too rounded for my taste -- similar to my comments on the 'Front bumper redesign!' thread. I prefer some angles to give a bit more aggressive look.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Too rounded for my taste -- similar to my comments on the 'Front bumper redesign!' thread. I prefer some angles to give a bit more aggressive look.
I agree , I'd like some angles on the mirror caps ,stem and cap all gloss carbon

1 - 20 of 223 Posts