• yes

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • no

Votes: 12 22.6%
181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Mirror base has to be consistant to the spot that is already on the door , these thin ones will not work . The OP already has a piece getting 3D printed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Thanks bro , this guy has good taste lets see how it comes out

·
Registered
820 Posts
How’s this going beau !?

I reckon I check 10x a day waiting to see the prototype cannot wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
I did get the prototype. it looks as advertized. But I am still on the border whether or not to continue the project as it seems everyone wants something different and looking at the added parts it will take to make, it wont be any cheaper than I origianlly quoted. The folding portion needs some work, as there is a little more play in it than I would like. but the strength should be fine in carbon fiber. definitly will be lighter, I didnt realize how heavy the stock one is, it has a steel mounting plate, large steel spring and lots of empty space inside the back cap. then we have a cheap carbon fiber cover sitting over the plastic haha.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Just watched the video , it looks nice .....im still in , @designbybeau just tell us how its going to look in the end .....based on that lets get a new final list based on your finalized product . At that point you can let us know if you have enough to continue the process

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did get the prototype. it looks as advertized. But I am still on the border whether or not to continue the project as it seems everyone wants something different and looking at the added parts it will take to make, it wont be any cheaper than I origianlly quoted. The folding portion needs some work, as there is a little more play in it than I would like. but the strength should be fine in carbon fiber. definitly will be lighter, I didnt realize how heavy the stock one is, it has a steel mounting plate, large steel spring and lots of empty space inside the back cap. then we have a cheap carbon fiber cover sitting over the plastic haha.

It’s would be a bless if you can make one similar to the OG design. No need folding function, manual mirror adjust would be fine too.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
I’m not buying but as an observer I don’t think the design quite cuts it. The hanging feature I think uses too much material and to my eye spells drag. I’d be into a cleaner, more sleek design.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
This is the problem unfortunately, the op just said it .....we have to settle on a design . This guy cant keep changing the design im sure its not cheap ...guys we have to settle on the design or it wont be produced .

·
Registered
1974 GTV/1985 GTV/1989 75Q1990 SZ/ 2020 4C
55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
451 Posts
I almost feel that if Beau originally just posted that video, there would be 15+ orders immediately.

Reactions: HeavyFoot

·
Registered
220 Posts

I like it, it is definitely an improvement over the original, I'm in 100%

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is the problem unfortunately, the op just said it .....we have to settle on a design . This guy cant keep changing the design im sure its not cheap ...guys we have to settle on the design or it wont be produced .

I think the OG design is the best looking one. OP doesn’t have to design around the folding mechanism and wire length. Giving it a smooth clean looks all around.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Id also prefer non folding, its more stable . Very few people fold these things anyway .

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Watched the video again of the mirrors , it really is going to make a fantastic improvement over the factory plastic nonsense
@designbybeau great job

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I can't get over the feeling that it looks like it gives the car tiny little arms that look tike they're carrying a purse. :(

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
I agree, I think a simple 1 peice design with no folding mech would be the way to go. less moving parts. and keep arm at the bottom, not the top. To get a smaller mirrror housing though, we would have to remove the motor and make it manual. I think most people would like to be able to adjust with the motor though.

181 - 200 of 223 Posts