• yes

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • no

Votes: 12 22.6%
201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree, I think a simple 1 peice design with no folding mech would be the way to go. less moving parts. and keep arm at the bottom, not the top. To get a smaller mirrror housing though, we would have to remove the motor and make it manuel. I think most people would like to be able to adjust with the motor though.
This sounds great to me. No need to adjust the mirrors by motor. Manual would be just fine.

I would only ask that you consider designing a “weak point” in the arm so that if the mirror gets hit the arm breaks and saves the door / mount which would be a significantly more expensive problem to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I agree, I think a simple 1 peice design with no folding mech would be the way to go. less moving parts. and keep arm at the bottom, not the top. To get a smaller mirrror housing though, we would have to remove the motor and make it manuel. I think most people would like to be able to adjust with the motor though.
@designbybeau maybe incorporate a poll of those who showed interest on the non folding idea , a 1 piece would also be stronger while keeping the motor to move mirror around .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I prefer the 1 piece design but would prefer a side mount stem. I love your current mirror housing design!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I am an observer only here. But @designbybeau - This last design is gorgeous! If you end up going this route I will be very jealous of all of those that buy these! This is a homerun design. You are extremely talented. Keep it up!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I am an observer only here. But @designbybeau - This last design is gorgeous! If you end up going this route I will be very jealous of all of those that buy these! This is a homerun design. You are extremely talented. Keep it up!
So jump in Mr foot

·
Registered
557 Posts
So jump in Mr foot

I wish I could. With another baby on the way, if I did, I may just be sleeping in the 4c and the seats don't recline! This is one design I find beautiful. I've not commented in this thread intentionally because I figure my input is irrelevant, but after seeing everyone throw around dozens of suggestions when there can only be one, I thought I could at least tell you all what would make me jealous. (Besides, my first cosmetic upgrade will be this leather console some guy on here makes. Perhaps you've seen it ;)) Trying to balance real family life, like the two more sets of braces coming my kids' way within three months, and two other expensive passions isn't easy. First world problems I guess.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I wish I could. With another baby on the way, if I did, I may just be sleeping in the 4c and the seats don't recline! This is one design I find beautiful. I've not commented in this thread intentionally because I figure my input is irrelevant, but after seeing everyone throw around dozens of suggestions when there can only be one, I thought I could at least tell you all what would make me jealous. (Besides, my first cosmetic upgrade will be this leather console some guy on here makes. Perhaps you've seen it ;)) Trying to balance real family life, like the two more sets of braces coming my kids' way within three months, and two other expensive passions isn't easy. First world problems I guess.
Damn i feel so irresponsible after reading that . Btw i do know the guy your talking about . When and if your ready you got it .

Not to lose the thread , this latest design is beautiful, ive been saying this is a huge weak point on our cars , @designbybeau does incredible work ...im sure the final product is going to look great . Have you seen his engine cover its amazing .

·
Registered
220 Posts
Damn i feel so irresponsible after reading that . Btw i do know the guy your talking about . When and if your ready you got it .

Not to lose the thread , this latest design is beautiful, ive been saying this is a huge weak point on our cars , @designbybeau does incredible work ...im sure the final product is going to look great . Have you seen his engine cover its amazing .

I like this design the best, although the other one was attractive and I wouldn't have regretted have it. I received my engine cover from Beau today ,it looks even better in person, it's perfect, worth every dollar.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I like this design the best, although the other one was attractive and I wouldn't have regretted have it. I received my engine cover from Beau today ,it looks even better in person, it's perfect, worth every dollar.
Nice john , im even considering getting it and it wont even be seen through carbon hatch back there , it would be just for me to know its there , post some pics when you can bro

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice john , im even considering getting it and it wont even be seen through carbon hatch back there , it would be just for me to know its there , post some pics when you can bro

I will ,drinking wine at my local bar, will put on the car maybe tomorrow after I put a ceramic coating on it

·
Registered
852 Posts
Is the last design including motors or would they be manual adjustment?

201 - 220 of 223 Posts