·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The mirrors arrived today also, my car should be back Wednesday this week finally from full maintenance and further modifications. Im still not sure if im going to keep the italian flag or not. If everything goes right ill see them on the car on wednesday. First priority is fitting some custom storage boxes for @UltraTom. Very excited

·
Registered
941 Posts
I’ll be the first to ask, what are the chances of another batch?

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
I installed one this afternoon. The raw carbon around the mirror itself needs to be finished. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jeff View attachment 127988 View attachment 127989 View attachment 127990
Not sure if the inside can be finished, I thought about painting it black, but if you look at any of the carbon on our car, the underside of the parts looks like this. Clear coating might help. These first units have been a challenge to get right. In order to reduce the weight and size, I tried to keep it just raw carbon instead of adding more plastic to the inside.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
I am also getting more caps that cover the bolts, So if anyone is unhappy with them, I can send some different ones.

the second batch will be here tomorrow, I am hoping they will get better as they make more. I send them feedback to improve each round.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not sure if the inside can be finished, I thought about painting it black, but if you look at any of the carbon on our car, the underside of the parts looks like this. Clear coating might help. These first units have been a challenge to get right. In order to reduce the weight and size, I tried to keep it just raw carbon instead of adding more plastic to the inside.
@designbybeau I have everything you have made to this point on my car and it has been beyond reproach. You make beautiful stuff. The unfinished edge and inside which you will see however is disappointing and I feel a bit mislead not knowing about it up front. Are we able to get our money back if you have not shipped our mirrors yet?

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
@designbybeau I have everything you have made to this point on my car and it has been beyond reproach. You make beautiful stuff. The unfinished edge and inside which you will see however is disappointing and I feel a bit mislead not knowing about it up front. Are we able to get our money back if you have not shipped our mirrors yet?
I am going to ask the supplier to see if he can clear coat the inside edge, they have sent 14 units so far. so I am hoping they can fix some of these issues before sending more. They tipically only coat the outside, as the inside structure is not as easy to finish, most carbon fiber products on the market looks like this on the inside, it is abnormal to coat and finish both sides. But I am checking with the supplier now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am going to ask the supplier to see if he can clear coat the inside edge, they have sent 14 units so far. so I am hoping they can fix some of these issues before sending more. They tipically only coat the outside, as the inside structure is not as easy to finish, most carbon fiber products on the market looks like this on the inside, it is abnormal to coat and finish both sides. But I am checking with the supplier now.
Sounds good. Depending on what they can do I would still be interested, but as is I would not.

341 - 360 of 366 Posts