• yes

Votes: 57 77.0%
  • no

Votes: 17 23.0%

New mirrors for the 4C!

52K views 404 replies 66 participants last post by  614 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am using this discussion to see what interest there is for some new mirrors. of course I have to take apart the mirror first to see if this is even possible with keeping motors working.

below is the first design, disregard the bumper and side skirts I was working on.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Alfa romeo 8c competizione Car Vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
I think its a great idea , I was thinking a 1 piece carbon stem into mirror cap , the nice design you have shown may not accommodate the motor , using factory motor and factory mirror would keep the cost down ,basically shape the cap and stem around factory parameters

Definitely interested

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I'm torn. I like the original idea posted by @Samy but in looking more closely at it, that design would require moving the entire mirror higher on the door thus necessitating a new hole, probably a new motor and/or linkage, and then covering (and repainting) the existing hole. The design you've posted would use the existing hole and probably the motor, but the length of the mirror stalk is not sitting quite right to me. I think the proportions are off.

What about something more along the lines of a Pagani-style mirror?

#12 ·
Thats not that important in my opinion , not many guys street parking these

True. But I fold my mirrors in my garage because of the missus parking next to the 4C.
I worry she'll knock them off with the shopping bags etc...passing by.

#14 ·
Pagani style please, using the oem mount positions. I think a swivelling mirror cap would be an advantage over a non-swivelling one, even though I think I’ve only folded in mine once in five and a half years. A little ‘give’ in the assembly is more likely to avoid damage should you brush past something solid. I take it you would supply the reflector assembled in the mirror cap? Just making sure. Age has taught me to assume nothing.

#21 ·
Like your design being "hang by the top"... Maybe an idea to keep the manufacturing low... our mirror are not THAT bad looking... maybe you could keep the carbon fiber housing and design a arm that will hang them from the top (That will required to flip the right for the left). Keeping all the internal motor and wiring original...

#24 ·
A lot of the design will depend on electronics and moving over the stock equipment. but I think this can be done.
My though was to rotate the mirror in on the top point of mirror instead of the current location, this will simplify parts a bit. then I have to see if I can use the stock mounting bracket inside the mirror, as this is steel and will give it strength.

#25 ·
A lot of the design will depend on electronics and moving over the stock equipment. but I think this can be done.
My though was to rotate the mirror in on the top point of mirror instead of the current location, this will simplify parts a bit. then I have to see if I can use the stock mounting bracket inside the mirror, as this is steel and will give it strength.
I believe the 500 abarth uses the same stem So its probably a very similar part that you could use to look at it . Without paying Alfa tax . if I'm wrong one of you guys me know .

#28 ·

Create an "adapter" for motorcycle mirrors? Ducati has some nice ones, this is new Yamaha.

The "Reach Around" from Novitec... If CNC'd from a solid (3500+?) aluminum, also doubles as a protective/sacrificial bumper such as KoH and trophy trucks. Would also be badass 3d printed skeletal...

The simplest maybe, a NICE, WELL DESIGNED adapter for cheap and widely available racing carbon mirrors. I still have my APR s2000 mirrors so pls use these as a base😂🤞can also be 3d printed skeletal for maximum lightness.

Just sharing a few non-Enrico/forum member solutions I toyed with before deciding on deleting the oem bump (shaving, patching smc) and installing an aluminum-reinforced Koshi CF door triangles, drilled to accept the Greg's CF Lotus mirrors (VERY pagani, $350), hope it helps.

#33 ·
After looking at these pics of alternate mirror design I find that they are all little bit to much. Over styled , will not age well.
Perhaps the better way to go would be to keep the size and shape of the glass about the same, but if possible, reduce the bulk of carbon fiber enclosure. And definitely reduce the size of the mounting stem piece. But to change a design just for the sake of change, not a good idea.

#41 ·
Got the fiat 500 mirror and it works with same wiring. looking good so far, motor is small and assembly is easy to remove. looks like it should be possible to make whatever we want.
View attachment 120520
I'm glad I thought of this idea and I'm very thankful @designbybeau is giving me 5% of the profits [emoji3]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.