Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 4C Spider Giallo Prototipo
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jordan here living in Miami.

Had my eye on a 4C for a while now ever since I took one for a spirted drive in Angeles Crest Highway in LA.

I've seen so many immaculate 4C's that are being preserved which is awesome to see. I however wanted something that I wouldn't feel guilty about modifying, pushing on track days and clocking up km's on road trips.

I've got a collection of Japanese cars back in New Zealand:

'92 Suzuki Cappuccino weighing in at 695kg (1532lbs)
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

'96 Toyota Chaser JZX100 with 2JZ-GTE engine swap.
Car Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Wheel

'79 Toyota Corolla with 4AGE engine swap.
Vehicle Car Hood Light Motor vehicle

Plus a heap more 70's Japanese projects.

After searching I finally found a 4C in need of some love and snapped it up.

Not sure what the previous owner was up to, I found so much loose change rattling around in the tub under seats, trim, everywhere. So I've named her Penny after finding 126 pennies throughout.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

The tub and underside are in great condition so happy about that. It must have seen city life at some stage as bumpers have some battle scars.

Came factory with a couple options
Font Parallel Document Screenshot Number

Current plan is disassembly, deep clean, repair minor bits and pieces.

It is at ~40K miles so will be giving it a good service: cambelt, water pump, intake clean, all fluids, etc.

I'm 6'4" so planning to replace the OEM seats with Tillett's to get seating position down lower.

Along with Intake, Exhaust, ECU.

I wish I was faster on seeing Aussiefishy post as I need pretty everything he was selling.

Currently has 19"/20" rims but will be changing that to something lighter in 17"/18"

Got a lot of reading ahead so much great information on this forum! Looking forward to being part of the community.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Congrats! The repo car! I almost bid on that but it was 1/3 and I forgot about it, lol. I wasn’t really serious I guess. You absolutely STOLE that btw. Makes me wish I was more serious about it. I figured it would sell for much more.

You got the blue wrap off quick, lol. Congrats again. Great car for what you want it for. Can’t wait to see what you do with it…

·
Registered
380 Posts
Congratulations, can’t wait to see her back in fine form when you are done. Nice stable of rides there. I always liked seeing the Cappuccino’s when I passed through Japan back in the day, never got to ride in one though.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum, 129 pennies.... Thats insane

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! The repo car! I almost bid on that but it was 1/3 and I forgot about it, lol. I wasn’t really serious I guess. You absolutely STOLE that btw. Makes me wish I was more serious about it. I figured it would sell for much more.

You got the blue wrap off quick, lol. Congrats again. Great car for what you want it for. Can’t wait to see what you do with it…
It took a solid couple days to remove it all. Yep timing was right, it allows more budget for modifications 🥳

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations, can’t wait to see her back in fine form when you are done. Nice stable of rides there. I always liked seeing the Cappuccino’s when I passed through Japan back in the day, never got to ride in one though.
I love driving tight twisties in Cappuccino since it is so small you have so much road to play 😂 Surprisingly there is a bit of room behind the pedals so I modified pedal box to shift them back helps me actually fit in it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Jordan, another Cappuccino owner here in Australia - have had mine since 2001. Mine’s silver, looks like yours is “champagne”.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jordan, another Cappuccino owner here in Australia - have had mine since 2001. Mine’s silver, looks like yours is “champagne”.
Nice they are a fun little car. Mine is silver as well paint code 0DE Swift Platinum Metallic suspect it is the same as yours.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jmoss interested to hear how the paint held up after you removed the wrap. Did any come up?

I have full PPF on mine and was/still concerned when I have to replace it on a few years.

·
Administrator
17,947 Posts
Congrats on the car, and welcome to the owners’ club!

Sounds like you scored a good deal. I’m sure that Penny will reward you for all the care you’re giving her. Sounds like a fun way to get acquainted.

Nice collection of cars, too. Models I’m not familiar with.

Enjoy your 4C journey. Don’t be shy about sharing it here!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jmoss interested to hear how the paint held up after you removed the wrap. Did any come up?

I have full PPF on mine and was/still concerned when I have to replace it on a few years.
Only one small spot about 10mm in diameter pulled up just by high stop light suspect contaminant during topcoat spray. Everywhere else the original paint adhered really well.

I was pretty quick in some sections if you took more time and did it on a hot day with additional of heat gun on spot it will be fine.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can show you how to remove around 150lbs on your Spyder. Spyder on a diet is much better around the corner.
Starting with US model she already has a couple extra pounds. I think my focus this year will be losing driver weight 🤣

·
Registered
178 Posts
Only one small spot about 10mm in diameter pulled up just by high stop light suspect contaminant during topcoat spray. Everywhere else the original paint adhered really well.

I was pretty quick in some sections if you took more time and did it on a hot day with additional of heat gun on spot it will be fine.
Thanks for the feedback.
Not much data out there regarding the paint adherence.

Good luck with the build. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Jordan here living in Miami.

Had my eye on a 4C for a while now ever since I took one for a spirted drive in Angeles Crest Highway in LA.

I've seen so many immaculate 4C's that are being preserved which is awesome to see. I however wanted something that I wouldn't feel guilty about modifying, pushing on track days and clocking up km's on road trips.

I've got a collection of Japanese cars back in New Zealand:

'92 Suzuki Cappuccino weighing in at 695kg (1532lbs)
View attachment 124701
OMG, an actual Kei car in the U.S. That is absolutely fantastic. That has got to be the coolest city car in Miami. Enjoy in good health my friend. Honda had one too, correct? Called the "Beat." I forgot all about these.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hah central FL/FL in general has more Cappuchos than I or anyone ever guesses! Almost bought that and a beautiful Autozam, but a tvr chimera (only legal in usa under 25 year old car law) stole the heart and got flipped before I made any mods.

Seems like someone got paid final salary with a penny-filled 4c... Likely then promptly driven to the bank for a hasty deposit, and then through the old employer's front door by the looks of it.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,601 Posts
All those penneys in the tub would sound like an entire percussion section of an orchestra when driving it ;-)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts