Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Started a new project for the center console controls to fit directly over the stock components. I realized after trying to build out the whole center console that it would be too much work and also too expensive. So I made a simple kit to fit right over the existing center console and work on both stock and carbon fiber upgraded console. started with a few 3D printed parts below to get the fit right, next order is to make it in aluminum like the renderings below with knurl finishes to match my other upgraded climate controls. Once I get the parts made I can upload a video for install, no need for re-wiring, uses all stock electronics
Footwear Shoe Automotive lighting Bicycle part Font
Font Eyewear Gadget Auto part Input device

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
It’s D,N,A not R,N,A, lol.

It looks nice but it doesn’t really go with the rest of the interior. It would be nice if it did but the 4C isn’t all that steak and modern inside. So this is going to look a bit out of place. Also, there isn’t really a meaningful aluminum design element in the interior currently so, while I’m sure it will look good, the material will be just as out of place as the styling.

Not trying to be a downer just my humble 2 cents...

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
473 Posts
I like your ideas. Black aluminum buttons with leather covered portion would be sweet with that CF.

Reactions: OriginalForza

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It’s D,N,A not R,N,A, lol.

It looks nice but it doesn’t really go with the rest of the interior. It would be nice if it did but the 4C isn’t all that steak and modern inside. So this is going to look a bit out of place. Also, there isn’t really a meaningful aluminum design element in the interior currently so, while I’m sure it will look good, the material will be just as out of place as the styling.

Not trying to be a downer just my humble 2 cents...
I have already made of the rest of the switches and buttons in aluminum below, so will match quite nicely! my overall goal is to get rid of all plastic parts in the interior with either leather, aluminum or carbon fiber.
-and I changed the DNA to RNA for Race mode, sounds cooler haha
Motor vehicle Plant Automotive design Car Steering wheel
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Gear shift
Hood Automotive mirror Steering wheel Steering part Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Audio equipment

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
244 Posts
That looks great! I'm definitely in for the climate control knobs and background, along with the toggle switches. Keep up the great mods!

Reactions: Jomiddle63

·
Registered
787 Posts
Excellent choice going with a cover/overlay, that should bring the cost and turnaround down if you've figured out a really solid way of bolting that in.
Since I have your switch knobs in anodized black, if this comes in a matching anodized black I'm also in 100%
I could care less if it says DNA or RNA (one's the memory, the other the messenger lol, which both apply anyways), but I hope you are able to match the transmission selector to that beautiful concave mirror knob... I'm already going to lost-wax a precious metal QV to "float" in that concave space if your rotary switch "guts" will allow the concavity.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent choice going with a cover/overlay, that should bring the cost and turnaround down if you've figured out a really solid way of bolting that in.
Since I have your switch knobs in anodized black, if this comes in a matching anodized black I'm also in 100%
I could care less if it says DNA or RNA (one's the memory, the other the messenger lol, which both apply anyways), but I hope you are able to match the transmission selector to that beautiful concave mirror knob... I'm already going to lost-wax a precious metal QV to "float" in that concave space if your rotary switch "guts" will allow the concavity.
All the original controls sit in place just like stock, the main aluminum cover plate is 3M taped so there are no visible screws and no modifications to do on stock equipment, this is to make the install user friendly and easy to remove in case you want to bring back to stock. no stock components will be harmed in the filming of this video haha as most people don't want to ruin the stock parts in case they plan to sell the car. Which is kind of like getting married with a prenup in place right away lol.

·
Registered
297 Posts
the phone holder will be in the next project, arm rest that fits into cup holder!
Seems like rather poor and non functional placement, especially given that we don't have any infotainment or gps, i think it would be great if you could possibly make what this other forum member made 1. more elegant 2. actually available for purchase. (1) Phone "hard" mount is done | Alfa Romeo 4C Forums (4c-forums.com)

Or something like Rennline does for Porsches

Really simple, but a huge value add because it's something that there simply isnt a good solution for.

·
Registered
71 Posts
the phone holder will be in the next project, arm rest that fits into cup holder!
Beau, are you thinking something along the lines of like this, using the two cupholders on the existing center console to hold the armrest in place. Link

I once had a car with an armrest with a hidden cup holder -- open the lid, flip the cupholder out the front, and then close the armrest lid. That type of design (only with phone holder) could position the phone just above the hand brake lever, and also hidden out of sight when not being used.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts