Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wondering if insurance paid you current market value?
We are still negotiating it…they are not far off but low by about 4-5k. Part of the issue is the comps they are using, the company doing the value is shady and used a vehicle that is not for sale (I pulled the car fax) and the lowered a price of an ad by 6k (looked up the car for sale). So if they didn’t do that we’d be about perfect for value. So still fighting them on it.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
We are still negotiating it…they are not far off but low by about 4-5k. Part of the issue is the comps they are using, the company doing the value is shady and used a vehicle that is not for sale (I pulled the car fax) and the lowered a price of an ad by 6k (looked up the car for sale). So if they didn’t do that we’d be about perfect for value. So still fighting them on it.
How many miles on it? Color?

Note - color actually matters more than you’d think on these. I would fight the colors on some comps if necessary…

What do you think is FMV?

Just curious...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thats $55k car. Insurance used to pay out more than market value. I guess times are changing. Bummer is that you got hit paying tax on the new car. There should be a law honoring tax exempt allowance for using write off value tax credits for a new purchase. In my state that is significant, 8.25%.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats $55k car. Insurance used to pay out more than market value. I guess times are changing. Bummer is that you got hit paying tax on the new car. There should be a law honoring tax exempt allowance for using write off value tax credits for a new purchase. In my state that is significant, 8.25%.
I agree…luckily I am tax exempt!

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
24k miles, track, red leather, and convenience pack, perfect condition (full paint correction and ceramic done 4 months ago) I’m looking for 56k, they offered 52.
You’re very realistic IMHO (you never know in 2022 what people think). Good luck with it. Those negotiations are a pain.

·
Super Moderator
11,545 Posts
well, after insurance totaled my beautiful 2015 4C (from a massive pot hole) I found my new one already! A 2016 and a spider this time. 7k miles and warranties! Can’t wait to get it picked up!!! Also, insurance wanted 22k for the salvage…in case you were wondering. View attachment 125110
A yellow Spider. A great choice. 😍 Congratulations on getting back into 4C so soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts