Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recaro is coming up with a new seat called the Podium, it’s very light weight and looks fantastic and I can imagine they will match out interiors quite well.

Does anyone know where it will fit our cars? It appears to have slightly wider base than SPG, I wonder if they would they fit the Kansai seat rails? Or can they be mounted on stock rails?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Check my thread for seat width limitations.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. Seems like Kansai rails are out of the option.

If I stick with OEM rails for these seats would it work with Recaro seat mounts?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
You could try... the mounting holes of the Recaro seat bracket might not align well with the OEM rail mounting screws and you might need to slot the holes on the brackets. Another presumptive concern would be the mounting holes for the race seat on the bracket might be to high resulting in a higher seating position if that makes sense.

When i designed the BK brackets in conjunction with the intention of using the Sparcos, I took extensive measurements to maximize seat drop and maintain helmeted head clearance still while using the OEM rails. That is why it took 3 versions of design and test production sets to get it as optimized as possible as BK didnt have a physical car to work off of.

i know Kazkioken used Sparco Aluminum HD seat brackets to mount his Sparco seat but #1 had to significantly modify the Spacro bracket to mount the bracket to the tub as well as have entry clearance of the lap belt of his harnesses and #2 it resulted in a fixed mount direct to the tub with NO sliding capability.
I hope all of this makes sense....

You probably saw this thread already...

Reactions: Alipapa

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I researched and actually purchased maybe 4 different sets of specific and generic seat brackets to see if i could just modify the mounting bolt holes to work with the OEM sliding rails before tasking Brey-Krause to design and produce a limited run of custom seat brackets.

None of those Branded or generic brackets worked well with the OEM rails without needed significant modification. And with mockup, the seat wouldve sat higher than stock position which was unacceptable.

I even researched low mounted aftermarket seat sliding rails to lower seat height but the mounting holes of those aftermarket rails didnt match up with the existing threaded insert Bolt holes already in the tub. And the last thing i wanted to really do is drill holes into the tub and then have to install threaded inserts. 😉

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts