Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
LE #350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow forum members. For about a year, I’ve been developing my own solution to a steering wheel swap. The main reasons for it were that :
-I didn’t like the look of the stock steering wheel
-I didn’t like the feel of the leather, suede is much better IMO
-I didn’t like the flat bottom of the steering wheel as I gave me trouble in really tight corner transitions at autocrosses
I came up with a solution that doesn’t break the bank but is also greatly functional, pleasant to look at and use.

Here’s what the package includes
-Hub adapter
-airbags delete
-OMP 350mm slightly dished suede steering wheel
-horn and shifters adapter PCB with positively locking connectors that won’t get loose during a hot lap :)
-great quality shifters that really “click” and whose strength can be adjusted
-Carbon fiber paddles
-shifter bracket made out of 6061 aluminum (two versions : one that sits close to the outer edge of the steering wheel/ one that sits further in), this will depend on looks/ergonomic preferences. Both brackets have some adjustability to the position of the shifters

I tested it on track a bunch of times, made some improvements to it and I’m really happy with the final solution.
I’m targeting a 990 USD sale price. If there is any interest, please let me know and I’ll get started on a small batch, should be available in a few weeks
Max

·
Registered
16 Posts
This looks really slick. I think I'll be interested. A factor would be to understand how involved the installation will be.

·
Registered
LE #350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This looks really slick. I think I'll be interested. A factor would be to understand how involved the installation will be.
Awesome! Really simple. Hardest part is getting the old wheel out (I’m working on creating a tool for that as we speak). Everything else is just plugging connectors and screwing stuff in

·
Registered
617 Posts
I would likely be a buyer. How thick is the rim of the steering wheel compared to the thickness of the stock wheel?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Would you be able to ship to the UK and would you be willing to supply the kit without the steering wheel (to avoid paying double duty).
If the above is possible please price.

·
Registered
LE #350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you be able to ship to the UK and would you be willing to supply the kit without the steering wheel (to avoid paying double duty).
If the above is possible please price.
I have a lot of people asking about getting the kit without the steering wheel so I’m probably gonna do it. I’m slightly uncomfortable with it though because I can’t buy every single wheel and test the ergonomic compatibility of them with the kit so I can’t guarantee a perfect match. But the fact that I’ll offer two bracket widths and that they have built in adjustability will help

·
Registered
617 Posts
Actually, consider me a buyer of some sort (whether it is with the wheel you show or something else). For the price I think it is well worth the money.

·
Registered
LE #350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually, consider me a buyer of some sort (whether it is with the wheel you show or something else). For the price I think it is well worth the money.
Awesome, thank you. I’m really leaning towards offering the option to buy without the steering wheel, as long as people understand that the ergonomics of the shifters might not be optimal depending on the wheel the choose to buy. I’m really after giving what the community wants so I’m gonna try to be as flexible as possible even if it complexifies things a bit

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m a buyer without the wheel. But would like to know the specs of the wheel you used such as width and dish measurements.

·
Registered
LE #350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would likely be a buyer. How thick is the rim of the steering wheel compared to the thickness of the stock wheel?
Just took some measurement, the OMP SW is an even 29mm diameter rim all around. Stock is 32mm on the thinest part (where your thumbs wrap around) and 40mm on the thickest part (that you never touch)
Edit : I’m a glove size 10 1/2 and really like the feel of the OMP but that’s a personal thing

1 - 20 of 66 Posts