Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a lot of people asking about getting the kit without the steering wheel so I’m probably gonna do it. I’m slightly uncomfortable with it though because I can’t buy every single wheel and test the ergonomic compatibility of them with the kit so I can’t guarantee a perfect match. But the fact that I’ll offer two bracket widths and that they have built in adjustability will help
Any news on your progress with this? There might also be some interest if you could offer a fixed (column mounted) option.

·
Registered
LE #350
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Any news on your progress with this? There might also be some interest if you could offer a fixed (column mounted) option.
I should be able to release a small batch in a couple of weeks. I’ve been working on developing and sourcing features that people have asked for, I’m also waiting on some parts coming internationally that are delayed due to the shipping industry being messed up at the moment.

I’ll look into a fixed option but it seems a bit more involved than the other solution

I’ll inform everyone when everything is ready. I didn’t want to do preorders and have people wait an unspecified amount of time for their products. Not comfortable with the premise

·
Registered
LE #350
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Dear fellow Alfisti,
My steering wheel upgrade kit is finally ready for sale.
Taking into consideration your great feedback, I’m offering the kit with and without the steering wheel (I’ll be offering a spacer that will likely be required if you decide to go for a flat steering whee).
In the meantime I bought and track tested a different, flat steering wheel and it worked perfectly. I also added the option of choosing for a different horn button.
Some parts were supplied internationally and ended up delayed because of COVID. I have a limited amounts of sets available but should be able to get more back within a couple weeks shall they sell out.
I am also going to be offering some cool keychains, bottle openers, shirts and hats, shall you want to show off your 4C pride.
The website 254Corsa.com will open on Tuesday, November 17th at 10 AM (EST). It will handle al of the options, payments and shipping estimates (domestic to the USA or international)
Please feel free to get in touch, shall you have any questions

@OriginalForza @baron @B-T @dhuang @RodE @Oleg @John Kane

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looking forward to this. I've had so many non-shifts and unwanted shifts caused by the oversensitive oem paddles.
Have you investigated the column fixed option? I for one would really prefer this arrangement.

·
Registered
LE #350
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looking forward to this. I've had so many non-shifts and unwanted shifts caused by the oversensitive oem paddles.
Have you investigated the column fixed option? I for one would really prefer this arrangement.
Awesome.you won’t have this issue with these shifters, the shifts are so positive, it’s super satisfying. Really feels and sounds like a proper racecar.
I looked into it and it would be tricky. There isn’t any solid enough attachment point. The only way that might work would be to drill into the column cover but I’m against making significant permanent modification of the car (at least mine ;) )

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
@Max Tayant - Nice wheel. I just swapped mine to the OMP Superquadro from the OMP Kubic that came with my kit. It is more comfortable and slightly larger diameter which makes it a little less fatiguing to drive. However, I do wish the cross brace of the wheel was slightly higher along the wheel, other than that it is quite comfortable.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This would be great for easy viewing of the gauges (many of us have them obstructed by the oem wheel.)) Not sure how easy it is to steer with though and would probably need a cover for all the frame/holes as we don’t have much need for buttons on the wheel.

·
Registered
LE #350
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This would be great for easy viewing of the gauges (many of us have them obstructed by the oem wheel.)) Not sure how easy it is to steer with though and would probably need a cover for all the frame/holes as we don’t have much need for buttons on the wheel.

View attachment 111468
I like that you guys are going crazy with it lol! Seriously though, I'm not sure what hole pattern this wheel is using but at least it looks like the holes will need to get drilled wider. Also the wheel is a bit narrow so the paddles may stick out a bit too much

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
That 310 ALU GT is just a top removed version of the Kubik. My wheel kit paddles works very well with that size of wheel. What I didn't like about it was doing hand over hand tight turns with that wheel. It is also requires a touch more effort on track due to the narrower circle. This is why I went with the Superquadro which is 330mm in diameter and makes the hand over hand movement easier. It does make the top of the dash easier to read, but that never really bothered me.

@Rainier G - Just buy the car with it... Problem solved!

Reactions: neth and Rainier G

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Awesome.you won’t have this issue with these shifters, the shifts are so positive, it’s super satisfying. Really feels and sounds like a proper racecar.
I looked into it and it would be tricky. There isn’t any solid enough attachment point. The only way that might work would be to drill into the column cover but I’m against making significant permanent modification of the car (at least mine ;) )
So buy another column cover from AR to keep on a shelf, as new and drill away into the existing one. I say this because I don’t like wheel mounted.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts