Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Currently driving a 97 GTV spyder and it is a blast. Bought it in Montreal from an importer who had just imported from Italy. Shipped it unseen to Calgary and it’s been Lots of fun, Speedy, tight turns and the thrill of chasing parts and upgrades for a European car.
Alas, the bug has bitten and come Friday depending on the test drive, I will also purchase a 2018, 1800 Km, 1100 miles, 4
i
c Spyder with 19x8.5 18x7 Dark Alloy 5-Hole Wheels, Alpine Premium Audio System w/ Subwoofer, Bi-Xenon Headlamps, Red Brake Calipers, Carbon Fibre Halo Trim Panel, Carbon Fibre Interior Trim Group, Carbon Fibre Italian Flag Mirrors, Convenience Group - Spider, Front Fascia w/ Carbon Fibre Vents, Spider Track Package III, Red Leather Bucket Seats w/ Black Stitching.Thanks to all your previous posts on torquing, transmission and general excitement about your cars, I have made the jump. Let’s see what happens Friday!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome, you will fall in love with the car, beautiful GTV spyder ;)

We have a surprising amount of Canadians on this forum (I'm Canadian just living in the states ATM)

·
Super Moderator
7,620 Posts
A black Spider with red leather. A tasteful combination and a great spec. Welcome and congratulations. I hope you find it everything you expect and more. The same goes for your expectations of the forum. Let us know how it all goes. 👍

·
Super Moderator
15,438 Posts
Welcome, bienvenue!

Take the time in your test drive to make sure that this is the car for you. Pretty sure it will be, but the 4C is a unique car that you will either love or hate. For most of us, it was clear after just a minute or two. But be honest with yourself. Yes, it would be fun to marry that bombshell nymphomaniac who cannot cook, can barely speak, and when she does only talks about herself. But it’s up to you to figure out if you want to spend more than one glorious night with her!
:D

Enjoy!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome, love the 97 Spider. so rare to see in NA

Hello
Currently driving a 97 GTV spyder and it is a blast. Bought it in Montreal from an importer who had just imported from Italy. Shipped it unseen to Calgary and it’s been Lots of fun, Speedy, tight turns and the thrill of chasing parts and upgrades for a European car.
Alas, the bug has bitten and come Friday depending on the test drive, I will also purchase a 2018, 1800 Km, 1100 miles, 4 View attachment 106277 i View attachment 106278 c Spyder with 19x8.5 18x7 Dark Alloy 5-Hole Wheels, Alpine Premium Audio System w/ Subwoofer, Bi-Xenon Headlamps, Red Brake Calipers, Carbon Fibre Halo Trim Panel, Carbon Fibre Interior Trim Group, Carbon Fibre Italian Flag Mirrors, Convenience Group - Spider, Front Fascia w/ Carbon Fibre Vents, Spider Track Package III, Red Leather Bucket Seats w/ Black Stitching.Thanks to all your previous posts on torquing, transmission and general excitement about your cars, I have made the jump. Let’s see what happens Friday!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, bienvenue!

Take the time in your test drive to make sure that this is the car for you. Pretty sure it will be, but the 4C is a unique car that you will either love or hate. For most of us, it was clear after just a minute or two. But be honest with yourself. Yes, it would be fun to marry that bombshell nymphomaniac who cannot cook, can barely speak, and when she does only talks about herself. But it’s up to you to figure out if you want to spend more than one glorious night with her!
:D

Enjoy!
Awesome response, cracked me up and the wife laughed and laughed some more!
great advice and the deal is made subject to the purchaser satisfaction with the road test.
so your comments were funny but helpful.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,462 Posts
You will love it....make sure to send pictures and looking forward to your 4C stories.

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
114 Posts
yes, it would be fun to marry that bombshell nymphomaniac who cannot cook, can barely speak, and when she does only talks about herself. But it’s up to you to figure out if you want to spend more than one glorious night with her!
That is a great analogy! I flirted with the idea of buying a BMW Z4M, or a Jaguar F-type, which would have been far more practical, comfortable and loaded with goodies (like storage!). But it would have felt just like driving my BMW X3, or any other BMW or similar car, probably. The 4c feels special. I have only had it a week, but I am soooo pleased I made the jump.

The car you are looking to buy looks a great spec., I like the teledial wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello
Alas, the bug has bitten and come Friday depending on the test drive, I will also purchase a 2018, 1800 Km, 1100 miles, 4 View attachment 106277 i View attachment 106278 c Spyder with 19x8.5 18x7 Dark Alloy 5-Hole Wheels, Alpine Premium Audio System w/ Subwoofer, Bi-Xenon Headlamps, Red Brake Calipers, Carbon Fibre Halo Trim Panel, Carbon Fibre Interior Trim Group, Carbon Fibre Italian Flag Mirrors, Convenience Group - Spider, Front Fascia w/ Carbon Fibre Vents, Spider Track Package III, Red Leather Bucket Seats w/ Black Stitching.Thanks to all your previous posts on torquing, transmission and general excitement about your cars, I have made the jump. Let’s see what happens Friday!

Quick update, the test drive was awesome and the car was truly fun to dive. I tweaked the deal and the dealer changed the oil, filters and completed a full exoskeleton wrap. Plus they will replace the glass wrap and store the car for 1 year or until I sell the 97 GTV Spyder.
I am super excited with this purchase and the beauty of the exterior carbon fibre trims the rumble from the Akrapovic exhaust. The dealer reps, sales and their Alfa mechanic have been great and I look forward to this new relationship.
Again, thanks for the comments and tips and I will read new owner posts and follow the general commentary.

·
Super Moderator
7,620 Posts
Quick update, the test drive was awesome and the car was truly fun to dive. I tweaked the deal and the dealer changed the oil, filters and completed a full exoskeleton wrap. Plus they will replace the glass wrap and store the car for 1 year or until I sell the 97 GTV Spyder.
I am super excited with this purchase and the beauty of the exterior carbon fibre trims the rumble from the Akrapovic exhaust. The dealer reps, sales and their Alfa mechanic have been great and I look forward to this new relationship.
Again, thanks for the comments and tips and I will read new owner posts and follow the general commentary.
Great news. I hope you find a buyer for your Spider ASAP. (y)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Store the car for a whole year? My gosh thats going to be a long wait

1 - 14 of 14 Posts