Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I sat inside this car. Very nice. Looks good on the inside. Love the cf parts. Seats very good too. View a bit limited: high hood on the front and small rear window (like a true sports car :D )

·
Registered
138 Posts
Does sound good very similar to Abarth 500, the red looks like proper Alfa Red in this video - deeper and darker
I'm still unsure what purpose the front bumper side vents are for - cant be for brake cooling and looks like water and road grime will come through them at lower speeds

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sure it can, it's just not ducted so it's not as efficient. It's feeding the top of the fender well and the tires rotation does the rest. Yeah it's not ideal obviously but not useless either. It is adding a more direct source for cooler ambient air making airflow in the wheel house less stagnant. Would have been nicer to not look like some cheap boy racer aftermarket part added by Prodrive into an Aston Vantage hood though.

·
Registered
642 Posts
sotoole said:
Does sound good very similar to Abarth 500, the red looks like proper Alfa Red in this video - deeper and darker
I'm still unsure what purpose the front bumper side vents are for - cant be for brake cooling and looks like water and road grime will come through them at lower speeds
Yes it does sound a little like the Abarth 500 with Monza exhaust (I would know since I own one).

But its always hard to capture the sound properly on camera's and phones. I tried recording the Abarth 500 a large number of times and the recording never sounded as good as the car in real life... So even tho this recording sounds damn good, I do suspect that it will sound even better in the flesh. :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
Supraguy said:
I am happy you can clearly hear the turbo, one thing I was hoping to hear.
And since it doesnt have a sports filter you can put a BMC filter in it and get even nicer induction noises from it :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
sotoole said:
It is basically an add-on as they realized later that it created a lot of extra front end stability and got rid of some high speed lift (from what I understood at least)

Perreby said:
Supraguy said:
I am happy you can clearly hear the turbo, one thing I was hoping to hear.
And since it doesnt have a sports filter you can put a BMC filter in it and get even nicer induction noises from it :D
Are you sure it doesn't have a sports filter? That is definitely the first thing I will do when I get the car :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
deppi0 I am 100% sure.. I have written proof it is not a BMC or K&N.. Its a bone stock filter in the 4C.. So yes that will be the first thing I do to the 4C too..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks Perreby. You seem to be very informed.... My dealer left and the new guy is not as good or helpful as she was so I am slipping behind :(

Would you go for just the filter or a full air intake system?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I had just the BMC inside the airbox on my Giulietta.. And it worked beautifully..

Lots of discussions as to whether you better off keeping the filter inside the airbox or doing full induction.

My local AR dealer fitted the BMC for me but said if I did full induction I would void the warranty.. So I kept it inside the airbox.

And not sure what the intake on the 4C looks like...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cool thanks. I thought there could be a problem with the warranty with a full induction.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This video is taken on the Italia a Zandvoort event last sunday. I also have found some photos on the internet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts